Deluge provides a set of pre-defined integration tasks that allow users to integrate with different Zoho services. These tasks are API driven, i.e., executing these tasks trigger API calls to the respective service's API in the backend. Integration tasks of some services are implemented based on OAuth authentication and the others are based on authentication methods like Authtokens. We are now intending to make the authentication more secure by implementing all the integration tasks to follow only OAuth authentication.
Note: This update is applicable for all services including Zoho Creator.
Integration tasks of the following services currently do not follow OAuth authentication:
How do we take this forward?
After this update, the existing integration tasks in your Deluge functions will continue to work as expected. And, the new Deluge scripts containing integration tasks will work as expected when:
- The connection is created using Zoho OAuth with appropriate scopes (mentioned in the respective API docs).
- You already have used an integration task that connects to the service you are trying to integrate.
This update will be effective for IN users from September 30th, 2020, EU and CN users from October 30th, 2020, and US users from November 30th, 2020.
Note to extension developers: If your extensions use integration tasks with authtokens, after this update, they may not work as expected for new extension users. However, they'll continue to work as expected for the existing extension users. We recommend you to update your integration tasks scripts to operate with Zoho OAuth connections (with scopes mentioned in their respective API documentation).
1. The following services already support the Connections page with Zoho OAuth as default service.
- Zoho Cliq
- Zoho CRM
- SDP Cloud
- Zoho Connect
- Zoho Sales IQ
- Zoho Creator
- Zoho Projects
- Zoho Bug Tracker
- Sigma (for extension developers)
2. The following services support the Connections page but currently do not support Zoho OAuth as default service. Instead, these services provide most individual Zoho services as default connectors which use Zoho OAuth in the backend.
Note: We are currently coordinating with the respective service teams to enable the missing Zoho services too (Inventory, Docs, Creator, Recruit, Analytics, and Cliq, to name a few) in the Connections page of the below services at the earliest.
- Zoho Books
- Zoho Invoice
- Zoho Inventory
- Zoho Subscriptions
3. The following services support Deluge custom functions but do not support the Connections page.
Note: We are currently coordinating with the respective service teams to support connections page for all users at the earliest.
- Zoho Flow
- Zoho Desk (Edit: Connections page supported)
- Zoho Mail (Edit: Connections page supported)
- Zoho Sheet
- Zoho Writer
- Zoho Recruit
- Zoho People (Edit: Connections page supported)
Once the connections page is available in all Zoho services that support Deluge custom functions, the connection parameter (last parameter) of all the integration tasks will be made mandatory. This means, all the preceding parameters will also become mandatory eventually.
Note: Your existing integration tasks scripts need not be changed as they will be internally migrated to OAuth. Hence, your existing scripts will continue to work even without supplying values to the connections parameter.