Currently, as the feature to bulk import counterparty data is not available, here is a solution using our APIs that would be useful for our customers. For example, Zoho CRM customers can import their Accounts as counterparties in Zoho Contracts. Using this option, you can import a maximum of three contacts for each counterparty. Please follow the below steps, categorized into three sections.
Prepare the data to import:
1) Download the attached "Import Counterparty Data.xlsx" file. The file contains 3 sample counterparty data for your reference.
2) In the first worksheet Data, enter each counterparty record. We strongly recommend you try the bulk import exercise with fewer rows (say, 2 to 3 counterparty records) first as a test run, and then do a bulk import.
3) In the Counterparty Type column, for each counterparty, enter the API name of the counterparty type as mentioned below, which is of the default counterparty types in Zoho Contracts. If you maintain custom counterparty types, please reach out to us, we will help you to get the API names of them.
Counterparty Type Name
Counterparty Type API Name
4) In the Country column, for each counterparty, enter the Country code as mentioned in the below spreadsheet.
5) In the State column, for counterparties whose country is either US or India, enter the State code by referring to the below spreadsheet. For other countries, you can enter the value as it is.
6) Go to your Zoho Sheet account by accessing sheet.zoho.com in your browser, then log in if you are not logged into Zoho.
7) Click Upload at the top-right corner of the page, select Upload Spreadsheet, then upload the "Import Counterparty Data.xlsx" file that has your counterparty data.
The uploaded spreadsheet will be listed in the My Spreadsheets list.
Create a connection with your Zoho Contracts account:
1) Open the uploaded spreadsheet "Import Counterparty Data" by clicking it. The file will be opened in the spreadsheet editor.
2) Select Tools > Custom Functions > Manage Connections, then click Create Connection.
3) Select the service Zoho OAuth under the Default Services list. You can use the search option to find it.
4) Enter "ZContracts" in the Connection Name field. The Connection Link Name will be auto-populated. You can leave it as it is.
5) Select the scope contracts.contracts.ALL from the Scopes list. You can use the search option to find it.
6) Click Create and Connect.
The connection will be created and listed under the My Connections list.
Creating and editing the import function:
1) Select Tools > Custom Functions > Create Custom Function.
2) Enter "IMPORT_COUNTERPARTIES" in the Name field.
3) Choose Result Type as string, then click Save.
4) In the editor window, replace the default code with the code in the attached "Import Counterparties Function.txt" file.
5) Replace the value of sheetDocumentId seen at the top with the spreadsheet ID you are currently working on. The ID of the spreadsheet can be taken from the browser URL, as depicted in the below image.
6) If your account is in the data center other than US (e.g., India, Europe, Australia, or Japan), replace all the occurrences of contracts.zoho.com in the code with the respective domain values as mentioned below.
7) Click Save at the top, then close the window.
Run the function to import all the data:
1) Go to Tools > Custom Functions > Manage Custom Functions.
2) Click Run next to the IMPORT_COUNTERPARTIES function, then close the window.
3) To check success or failure status of the imported counterparties, select the worksheet Logs at the bottom.
4) Go to contracts.zoho.com and verify the successfully imported counterparties.
- After you import, you cannot undo the action. Therefore, we recommend you import with 2-3 rows first as a test run and the subsequent also in batches.
- If you are in the Standard plan of Zoho Contracts, ensure the total rows prepared to import are within the plan limit.
- In the import logs, for each counterparty, the Counterparty API Name column contains the unique name of the respective counterparty.
- For each import, the rows will get appended in the Logs worksheet. To clear the logs, you can delete the rows.
Please give it a try. If you need any assistance, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to help you.
Zoho Contracts Team