We are introducing a few updates to roles and privileges and streamlining the integrations to the Campaigns module in Marketing Plus. Here's a brief regarding the updates.
Revamped roles and privileges
Roles and privileges in Marketing Plus let you define and control access to data and various features in Marketing Plus. There are four different roles available by default; Brand Admin, Brand Marketer, Brand Member, and Event Member.
Earlier, while creating a role, permissions in the Campaigns module could be defined in the following way:
- Tab visibility: Enabling this allows users to access different tabs in the Campaigns module such as Regular and Advanced Campaigns, Contacts, Reports, Mailing Lists, and so on.
- Permissions: Separate permissions can be defined to manage data in the Campaigns module created by the associated user (self) or others.
This approach proved to be a bit complex for administrators to manage permissions for their team. To make things easier, we simplified the process of defining permissions to data and features in the Campaigns module.
All the functionalities are grouped under four categories: Contacts and Lists, Lead Generation, Marketing Channels, and Assets; you can define appropriate permissions there. Here, we have eliminated the need to define separate permissions for the associated user (self) or others.
Here are the default permissions for Brand Admin, Brand Marketer, and Brand Member in Marketing Plus:
Earlier, in the Campaigns module, any user in the organization can integrate and create a synchronization with Zoho or other third-party services. Multiple integrations and synchronizations could also be created which can be hard to track.
Now, to streamline the integration between solutions, only the administrator of both the applications can integrate and create a sync in Campaigns. Also, only one integration and sync can be created in Campaigns.
How do I get these updates?
These enhancements are available for all Marketing Plus users starting August 10, 2023. Since this involves changes to various existing configurations, you can choose to migrate to these new enhancements any time before July 15, 2024.
- Once migrated, you can't switch to the previous version.
- Integrations have to be migrated first before Roles and Permissions.
To migrate right away:
Migrating your integrations
- Go to Settings > Apps and select Campaigns.
- Click Apps under Integration.
An alert 'Migration Required' will be displayed for existing integrations.
- Click View details.
- Click Migrate Now in the alert message shown.
- Read the instructions and click Proceed.
If multiple organizations are integrated in Campaigns, you can select an organization that you wish to retain in Marketing Plus from the drop-down.
- Click Proceed once again from the popup.
You can now go ahead and create a new sync.
Migrating your Roles and Permissions
- Go to Settings > Brands, and select a brand.
- Select Roles.
- Click Switch Now in the pop-up.
- Read the changes mentioned and click Yes, I wish to switch now.
- Click Switch Now from the pop-up.
We hope you find this information useful. Try these enhancements and feel free to give us your valuable feedback.