Important: Reconnect your Gmail Account using App Password
Starting May 30, 2022, Google will no longer support plain text password based authentication, which is the method we have been using for Bigin's Gmail integration.
To avoid any interruption, we request you to reconnect your Gmail account in Bigin using an App Password before May 30.
To generate App Password
An App Password is a 16-digit passcode that gives a third party app permission to access your Google Account.
- Sign in to your Google Account > Select Security.
- Under the 'Signing in to Google' section, select App Passwords.
- Choose 'Other' from the Select app dropdown > enter 'Bigin'.
- Choose the device from Select device dropdown.
- Click Generate to generate the App Password.
The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Tap Done.
Reconnect your Gmail account in Bigin
If you already have a Gmail account configured in Bigin, please deactivate it first. To deactivate your Gmail account in Bigin, go to Setup > Email > Click Deactivate.
To reconnect your Gmail account
- Go to Setup > Email > Gmail.
- Enter Username, Email Address, 16 digit App Password and click Continue.
- Click Server Details to view the Incoming and Outgoing server details.
This is automatically filled up for you.
- Choose Email Sharing Permissions.
- Private - Conversation with your customers will be visible only to you.
- Public - Anyone in your Bigin organization can view your email conversations.
Note : We are working towards moving our Gmail integration to modern OAuth based authentication. To achieve this we need to go through a verification by Google and a security assessment by a Google empanelled third-party. We estimate it would take a couple of months to complete all this and until then you can use the above workaround that we recommend.
Ask the Experts #1: 5-hour knowledge exchange marathon on Bigin
Hello, Bigin Community! We are excited to welcome you all to our first ever "Ask the Experts" session for Bigin. Ask the experts (ATE) sessions allow users to interact with our Product Management and Development team - the actual brains behind the product.
Introducing APIs for Bigin
Dear customers, I hope you all are doing good. It's been quite a journey since we launched Bigin publicly, and we are pleased to see all your responses so far. Today, we are excited to launch our APIs, making Bigin even more extensible. With the launch
Zoho Pagesense Resources
Zoho SalesIQ Resources
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.