I am somewhat happy with how Zoho books handles time. One thing that is missing is more user driven control over my data. I have a workflow where I constantly need to give customers feeds of work done. So I pick a project, and would ideally export what timesheets have been set against it. here are my challenges:
1) The timesheet detail report doesn’t show notes on the screen.
2) The timesheet detail report when exported has a lot of extra fields like IDs that I have to clean out.
3) The timesheet list does not allow me to export what filter I have set. This would be ideal if I could do it. It can export all time for all customers/projects, but who wants to do that? How is that useful?
4) The project landing page cannot export timesheets (!)
5) Exported time is in hours: 4:30. This is not something excel can add without custom formulas. Why not have hours as a decimal so we can actually have a total column?
I know invoices are a way but I am not ready to invoice.
As a developer myself I am frustrated by the slow progress on this part of books, it has been like this for a while. I know I could write an API call to do this, and I have gone down that road, but why can't these simple tweaks be made universally? IE filtered list export?