Let's imagine you have a form that you use to request a minimal amount of data from your users. To collect additional information, you redirect them to another form either automatically or based on a condition.
During the course of redirection, you can pass values from one form to another. These values can include email addresses, phone numbers, or a unique ID to link the submissions.
In this article, we'll show you how to link form entries using the Unique ID field. This can be accomplished by sending the unique ID generated by the first form to the second form.
In essence, Unique ID is a field that generates a distinct value for each successful form submission.
To link unique IDs, follow the steps below and configure your forms accordingly.
- Include a field for Unique ID on the first form.
- Create a Single Line field and make it hidden on the second form.
- Configure a field alias for the second form's Single Line field.
- Navigate to the first form's Settings tab and click Acknowledgement & Redirects.
- Click Redirect To >> Another Form >> Pre-fill Field Values in Redirected Form. Then, map the Unique ID field with the field alias associated with the second form's Single Line field.
Once configured, the unique ID obtained from the first form will be automatically pre-filled in the Single Line field on the second form.
Note: The Unique ID won't be displayed on the live form and will only be generated after the form has been submitted.
Give this tip a try and let me know how it goes. You can also send your thoughts and feedback to email@example.com
Until next fortnight,