This post explains how we have planned to retire Zoho ContactManager and how the transition from ContactManager to Bigin works. If you wish to know why we are retiring ContactManager, you can read our previous post.
First things first! Here are the important points you need to be aware of:
- We'll be sun setting Zoho ContactManager on September 30, 2021. This means Zoho ContactManager will not be accessible after the date mentioned above. If you are a customer currently on an annual subscription, you can continue to use the service until your next renewal date, which will not be later than March 31, 2022.
- If you are a Smart or Ultra plan customer, starting today, you will not be charged further for your ContactManager subscription renewals unless and until you transfer your subscription to Bigin. The procedure to transfer your ContactManager data and subscription to Bigin is explained in the below section.
- If you do not wish to migrate to Bigin, you can export all your ContactManager data from the 'Backup' option under Settings.
Follow these steps to migrate your data along with your subscription to Bigin:
- You can create a new Bigin account (if you haven't already) from here. Please make sure the email address you're using to create the Bigin account is the same as that of your existing ContactManager account.
- In your Bigin account, you will see a banner at the top of your screen prompting you to migrate your ContactManager data to Bigin. Click on 'Migrate Now' button to initiate the migration.
- If you have multiple organizations in ContactManager you will see a popup asking you to choose an organization from which you want to migrate your data to Bigin.
- In the next step, you'll be asked if you wish to migrate your ContactManager subscription to Bigin. If you opt for it, then your ContactManager subscription will be transferred to Bigin and an equivalent Smart or Ultra plan will be activated in your Bigin account. Here is a table that explains what you will get in each of these plans in Bigin:
15 $/month or 150 $/year
25$/month or 250$/year
Custom Fields per Module
Tags per Module
Apart from the above mentioned limits, all the premium features in Bigin like Workflows, Dashboards, Multiple Pipelines, Telephony, etc. will be available in both the Smart and Ultra plans.
You can use this link
to compare the features between Bigin and ContactManager.
Though Bigin is priced on a per-user basis and offers more functionalities than ContactManager, as a goodwill gesture we will honor your ContactManager pricing in Bigin. This means you will be charged only what you are already paying in ContactManager for all your existing users. However, if you wish to add more users in Bigin, you will have to purchase user add-ons in Bigin.
If you chose not to transfer your ContactManager subscription to Bigin, only your data will be migrated to Bigin. You will have a 15 day trial period in Bigin to explore all the features. During the trial if you have made up your mind to upgrade, you can transfer your ContactManager subscription to Bigin by clicking on the 'Transfer Now' button from the top banner. If you didn't transfer your subscription to Bigin even after the trial period is over, your account will be moved to the Free edition of Bigin.
Please reach out to email@example.com for any assistance and queries.