A year back, we released the CRM API Version 2.0 that provides a lot more than what we have in API v1.0. Along with that, we also announced the deprecation of API v1.0 and its sunset on December 31, 2019. Here is the link to the previous announcement.
We would like to remind you to migrate to the latest version of CRM APIs as soon as possible, as the older version will not be available next year onwards. If your code still uses the version 1.0 of the APIs they will stop working from January 1, 2020, and there would be some possible data loss.
In Zoho CRM, go to Setup > Developer Space > APIs. If the API dashboard displays a banner that your application uses the v1.0 APIs, the API calls could be made from one or all of the below locations.
- Deluge functions
- Direct API calls
- Third-party integration
1. Deluge Functions
Deluge functions (either in Zoho CRM or other Zoho services) use the v1.0 APIs in invoke methods and/or integration tasks.
a. Invoke method
Change all instances of v1 URLs used in getUrl, postUrl, or invokeUrl Deluge tasks to their equivalent URLs in v2.
b. Integration tasks
In Zoho CRM, go to Setup > Developer Space > Functions and change all the v1.0 integration tasks used in functions that are marked as "Deprecated" to v2.0.
Ensure to change the v1.0 integration tasks used in other Zoho services as well.
To stop further usage of the deprecated version, from November 1, 2019, we will disallow the creation of new functions in Deluge using v1 integration tasks and native v1 URL invocation.
Also, you will not be able to update a function created after this date to use v1 integration tasks or invoke URLs.
2. Direct API Calls
If there are application-specific scripts written in different programming languages for your organization, and they make calls to Zoho CRM using the v1.0 APIs, you must change such instances to v2.0 as well.
Use the below checklist for easy migration of the APIs.
- Check whether you need to migrate your user's access tokens or re-authenticate with a new permission.
- Familiarize yourself with the new v2 syntax. API v2.0 accepts only JSON input.
- Familiarize yourself with the changes in field attributes and field formats. The same is mentioned in the help document: Differences - v1 and v2.
- Take a look at the API methods available in v1 and how different they are in v2 here.
- Update the error handling in your app to utilize v2 errors with proper status codes.
3. Third-party integration
Your CRM account may be integrated with any third-party application like Mailchimp, Zendesk etc. that still uses the v1.0 APIs. In this case, you can only urge the third-party vendors to migrate to version 2.0 at the earliest. To facilitate faster migration, we have already mailed some of the vendors requesting them to move to v2.0.
Usage of the domain "crm.zoho.com" in v2 APIs
We highly recommend that you use https://www.zohoapis.com as the domain instead of crm.zoho.com, to reap the full benefits of the v2 APIs. Ensure that you specify your domain based on the data center your account is in. For example, if your account is in the EU data center, then your API URL must be https://www.zohoapis.eu.
Refer to Multi DC Support for more details about the various DCs and their respective API URLs.
To keep everyone informed of these changes, we have
- Sent reminder emails to the primary users of all organizations that still use the v1.0 APIs in their code.
- Displayed a banner on the Setup page alerting the users of the usage of v1.0 APIs.
- Displayed a banner on the Functions page with an attached PDF containing the list of functions in your organization that you need to migrate to v2.0.
When are the banners displayed?
- You have made v1.0 API calls in the last 24 hours.
- On the Functions page, when your functions still use v1.0 integration tasks or invoke URLs. Please note that these stats are refreshed once every 24 hours. So, even if you update/delete a function that uses the v1.0 code, it will still appear in the PDF until the stats are refreshed.
We strongly recommend that you complete the migration soon to avoid any data loss. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.