It lets you share posts that you liked from another Instagram user's account, while giving credit to the original author.
While Instagram doesn't natively support this feature, we built this for you because we believe that it's important for businesses to have tools that help them tell their stories visually. This is another step in that direction. Where can I find it?
Any Instagram related post, throughout the product, will have the Repost option. More specifically, you can find it in your Connections
Here's a glimpse of what it looks like:
A few things to remember while you use this feature:
- Make sure you have the Zoho Social and the Instagram mobile apps on your phone. Once you have the Zoho Social app installed and notifications turned ON, you will be able to publish your posts via Zoho Social and you will also be able to see the Repost option on your posts.
- You will not be able to repost your own posts.
- Before you go ahead and start reposting, we recommend that you follow these best practices:
- Seek permission from the original author for sharing their post
- Avoid making changes to the post in order to retain its authenticity
- Give clear credit to the post creator, in your caption
My colleague wrote a blog
about this feature and I'd highly recommend reading it. If you need more help using this feature, here's a help document
that we've put together for you.
Do let us know what you think about this feature. We're all ears.
Oh, and by the way, we hope you noticed the changes we made to the way we handle hashtags
, and user profiles
across Zoho Social.
Previously, clicking on them would open the respective social network in a new tab on your browser. But now, all the interactions made with the hashtags, @mentions, and user profiles can be viewed directly within the product — giving you a better experience overall. How cool is that?
Go ahead and try this out if you haven't already. Click on a hashtag, @mention or a user profile. Here's an example of how it looks. Hashtags: User profiles:
Tip: If you've spotted something that you like, be sure to directly add it to your Monitor tab from here.
That's all for now! If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this post. We'll be happy to answer them for you. You can also reach out to our support team via email. They're at email@example.com
P.S. While this feature works for Twitter, Google+, and Instagram. Facebook and LinkedIn APIs do not support this as of now.
The Zoho Social Team