I hope all of you are doing well. We're happy to announce a few recent enhancements we've made to Bigin. We'll go over each one in detail.
Target meter component in dashboards
Currently, when creating dashboards in Bigin, you can create two types of components—KPIs and charts—to visualize various business metrics. Last week, we've introduced target meters: a new type of component that serves to strengthen data visualization in Bigin.
Let's say you want to set a goal for your team and monitor their progress periodically. In such scenarios, you can create a target meter component in Bigin's dashboards to set a goal for your team. These components provide a convenient way to visualize critical metrics in relation to the goal you set—such as this year's count of closed deals, last quarter's revenue, or this month's ticket resolution milestones—without the need to delve into exhaustive reports. You can set up target meters effortlessly, define the relevant parameters, and promptly obtain the desired data for analysis and tracking purposes.
The different types of target meters available are as follow:
- Dial gauge: A dial gauge, as the name indicates, is a graphical depiction of progress that resembles a dial. It displays the goal at the curve's end, while an arrow indicates the current progress towards that goal.
- Traffic light: Traffic lights share similarities with dial gauges, but offer enhanced visual progress tracking via colored indicators. Red (meaning well below target), orange (meaning mid-way to target), and green (meaning close to target) serve to signify different levels of target achievement, and these color categories can be configured manually. Employing color-coded target meters streamlines progress monitoring through visual cues, ensuring that you maintain alignment with your objectives.
- Single bar: Bar meters consist of a main bar that represents the overall target and a secondary, smaller bar that indicates the current progress toward that target. These meters can be subdivided into various levels to enhance visual comprehension of the target's progress. Additionally, you can use the bar's color to signify the extent of a target's achievement up to now.
- Multiple bars: Multi-bar target meters serve as effective visual tools for comparing progress among multiple individuals in your team or other entities. You can set targets individually for each user/entity or set a common target for all users/entities. You can use multi-bar meters to track the progress of various metrics like sales reps' sales targets, the number of tickets agents have closed, and so on.
- This feature is available in Premier and Zoho One editions.
- Click on "Change Style" to alter the target meter type. All previously made configurations will remain unchanged.
"Create record" action in workflows
Let's say you want to create a new deal automatically every time you add a new contact. You can achieve this using the newly launched "create record" action in workflows. This feature enables you to automatically generate records in one module when an update occurs in another module, simplifying your tasks within Bigin. By setting up this automation, you can establish a workflow that automatically generates records in any module so that you don't have to do it manually each time.
- You can add only one "create record" action per workflow. This ensures that the automation remains focused and doesn't create redundancies or conflicts within the workflow.
- Only workflows created in the Companies, Contacts, Tasks, and Events modules support the "create record" action. For the Pipelines module, you can use Connected Records.
- This feature is available for users in the Express, Premier, and Zoho One editions.
That's all for these enhancements. We sincerely hope you find these improvements useful. Please give them a try and provide us with feedback in the comments section below. Watch this space for future announcements.
Thanks and have a good day.