We use Zoho One and are very happy with it. We think Zoho Commerce could be something for our company but then we saw in relation to Zoho Commerce several issues:
LACK OF CONTINUES UPDATES:
1. Even you are back behind your direct competitors which feature richer e-commerce platforms with huge user base and big brand names using it, You have not updated Zoho Commerce in 6 months, That’s amazingly long.
LACK OF ROADMAP:
2. How do you pretend to attract customers to Zoho Commerce without a vision for your customers?.
E-commerce is a big thing. Adobe bought Magento for an insane amount of money. BigCommerce is investing a huge effort to catchup with Shopify. Woocommerce have tons and tons of plugins and developers and the updates are almost constant.
How can Zoho, a company with over 10.000 employees and millions of users pretend to attract users to its Zoho Commerce platform with such a poor strategy? Not to say that Zoho Commerce is not cheaper than Shopify or BigCommerce which is nuts. So you are putting yourself in the same price category but you are year lights behind them in terms of features, add-ones and development.
LACK OF BIG NAMES or JUST NAMES
3. This is unfortunately one of the big issues in Zoho and specially in Zoho Commerce (and Inventory). E-Commerce is about image, marketing, professional outlook, graphic design, and then you show this:
Have you taken a look at this?:
You have not a single Brand Name in your catalog.
LACK OF DEVELOPMENT and LACK OF THIRD PARTY EXTENSIONS
4. Zoho Commerce is what it is, there is nothing else. You want to play in the same price league as the big players, you cost the same, but then your customers are completely dependent of your developers because there are not third party developers. And here we face the reality: Zoho is not investing enough resources in Zoho Commerce development.
It is clear that Zoho is not taking Zoho Commerce seriously. Maybe you realise how much work it is to compete in this e-commerce world and you decided to take the plug. Yes it is ok for very small shops but then do not charge those crazy amounts of money for such an underdeveloped product.
IT IS SAD. YOU COULD BE A BIG PLAYER.
4. You have a unique position in the e-commerce industry but no one in Zoho seems to see or understand the immense opportunity you have in your hand.
The strong point in Zoho Commerce is not Zoho Commerce itself it is the immense technological advantage of Zoho Commerce together with Zoho Inventory and Zoho Books. I do not know any other brand in the industry with such possibilities in this respect. An e-commerce complete integrated within an ERP + CRM + HELPDESK + MARKETING APPS from the very first beginning with zero effort.
Why the hell don't you use that strong technological advantage in your marketing? You speak about things like the web builder or point out standard things in Zoho Commerce that every modern e-commerce platform has. That does not make Zoho Commerce special, actually in that respect there is very little special, instead what makes Zoho Commerce special are its integration with your ERP and the immense possibilities it offers to serious companies.
Please if anyone in Zoho is reading this.
Think please twice and reinvent Zoho Commerce approach. e-commerce could be your most important product, could attract serious business, big names to Zoho. Why otherwise has Adobe invest such crazy amount of money in Magento?
Invest some serious resources, rethink your marketing strategy, delete those crappy YouTube videos and make Zoho Commerce a serious name in the industry with your technological advantage with its integration with Zoho Inventory and Zoho Books. No one else has that in the whole industry for such a price an easy implementation. But Talk about it and make a serious strategy.
We are one of the biggest e-commerce sites in Germany with 100 million year revenue so we know that an e-commerce without a serious back-office is useless.
Our 2 cents.