We write mails to communicate. In Zoho Projects, we can write mails to collaborate. Yes, Zoho Projects supports Email based project management. The mails that you send turn into tasks, bugs, project comments, forum replies, etc. The following are some of the frequently asked questions that might be of some help to you.
What are the pre-requisites to manage my projects through Emails?
- You need to have a personal / business mail ID that is registered and confirmed with accounts.zoho.com
- To learn more on how to link your primary Email address with your Zoho account, click here
- You have to be a user in that specific project
I am not a user of the project ERP Phase IV. But I would like to add a task to the project from my personal mail ID. Is it possible?
No, it is not possible. You have to be a project user in order to add activities in the project.
I am not a user of the project ERP Phase IV. But unlike the above case, I am able to add bugs to the project from my Email account. How is it possible?
Yes, though you aren't a user in a particular project, you will be able to add bugs if you have subscribed for the
Enterprise edition including the
BugTracker add-on in Zoho Projects.
The Bug configuration screen will have an
Email Settings section if you are in the Enterprise edition. In this section you can set your Bug Email ID through which the bugs can be added through Emails.
What is a Project Email Alias?
Each project has a unique email alias for the task, document, forums and bugs of the project.
- The general format of the email alias is _ @zohoprojects.com
- The Portal Owner , Admin, and Project Manager only can change the unique string to suit the project. Say, if the mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org , myfinance is the portal URL and erp is the unique project string.
Where do I find the email alias to which I should send a mail to add activities for a project ?
You can find the recipient mail address for various activities at the project level by following these steps.
- Navigate to the dashboard of the specific project that you wish to work on
- Scroll the page down till you find the Project Email Alias section to your right
- In this section, you can find the email addresses to
What are the other activities that could be triggered through Emails?
You can make changes in tasks, folders, forums, events, and bugs via Emails.
I get the following error mail when I try to add a status for a project. How do I troubleshoot?
The possible error cases will be suggested to you in the error mail that you receive when you add a status to the project. Contact your Portal Admin or your Project manager if it is an access issue. Else, register your email account with Zoho as suggested in the error mail and get it verified accordingly.
Hope these questions will help you manage your projects on the go efficiently. You can also ask your queries in this thread by commenting below.