Share files externally from within your desktop sync apps
Greetings from the Zoho WorkDrive team!
The ability to create external links, and share them with external users, right from your desktop apps is now available in the latest versions of WorkDrive TrueSync and Sync.
Create a custom external share link for a file or folder
It’s pretty simple! Just locate the file you wish to share in your app window, and right-click on it. You’ll see the option to create an external share link right away. In the link creation window, you’ll see the familiar external share link window from the web app. From here, you can create and share your link.
Here are the detailed steps to create an external share link from your desktop app:
- Open your WorkDrive Sync/TrueSync folder.
- Right-click on the required file or folder.
- Select WorkDrive TrueSync -> Create External Share Link. In WorkDrive Sync, select Create External Share Link. This opens the link creation window.
- Enter a name for the link.
- To enable password protection for the file or folder, toggle ON Set Password and enter a password.
- To set an expiration period for the link, toggle ON Set Expiration. This will make the share link invalid after the set date.
- Toggle ON Allow Downloads to let external users download the shared file or folder. If you wish to restrict users from downloading the file or folder, toggle this option OFF.
- Toggle ON Request User Data and choose to require user details, like name, email address, and phone number. If this option is enabled, a user has to submit their details every time they wish to access the file or folder. This way, you always know who opens your file or folder using the external share link.
- Click CREATE. A new dialog box will open.
- In the following window, you can click the Copy Link button to copy the link and share it with users.
You can also email the external share link to multiple users directly by typing out their email addresses in the space below the Email Share Link section. After you are done adding the email addresses and your message, click SEND EMAIL.
You can edit any of the share link settings by clicking the Link Settings button.
- Once you have closed the external share link window, you will not be able to access the link settings for that specific link from the Sync app. You will need to go to the web app to access previously created share links.
- Team Admins can mandate passwords for all external share links at the team level. They can also set a strong password policy, making the links more secure. Learn more about mandatory passwords and password policies.
Whether you’re on the web, a desktop, or your mobile device, you can quickly create a shareable link on any platform!
Support for Search in WorkDrive TrueSync
Zoho WorkDrive now supports searching files and folders from within the TrueSync app in your computer. From the TrueSync tray icon menu, you can search for files and folders and double-click them to open or go to the folder location. Note: If the file
March 15, 2023: Zoho Docs is discontinued
As of today (March 15, 2023) Zoho Docs is discontinued for all users. We would like to thank our customers for trusting us for so many years! Going forward, we're confident you'll enjoy using Zoho WorkDrive for all your advanced file management and collaboration
Support for auto-upgrade in TrueSync (for Windows)
WorkDrive TrueSync app now supports auto-upgrading to the latest version for Windows OS. You must manually download and install the TrueSync app version 3.4.0 to avail this feature. Download the latest TrueSync app for Windows (version 3.4.0) Supported
WorkDrive API Documentation
WorkDrive provides users and developers an extensive set of APIs to help integrate functionalities of Zoho WorkDrive with other Zoho applications and third-party tools. We have published the official WorkDrive API Documentation page for all external users.
Create collection links to easily request any number of users to upload files to a particular folder. Once users upload their files, you will be able to view their submissions and manage their files effortlessly. Users don't need a WorkDrive account to
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.