We all have a differing needs for sound notifications on visitor actions. Sound notifications are perhaps one of the most important feature. when it comes to responding customer inquiries via Live Chat. If you can’t hear the chat notifications, you might end up in missing a Customer.
Since LiveDesk works with a variety of clients and we get this question pretty often in our support and Live Chat. I thought I'd put together a primer on how to find and adjust these settings. You can add a personal touch to your LiveDesk by changing the sounds as you need.
How to set the sound notifications to your preference ?
- Click your name at the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu click " Personalize ".
- The " Personalize " window will pop up, choose the " Sounds " tab.
- Here by clicking the drop-down menu to the right of each event, you can choose from different sound options or " None " if you wish to mute the event.
- Each time you make a change by clicking the name of that particular sound, the system automatically saves it to your new choice.
- A simple click on the " X " symbol at the top right, will return you to the LiveDesk window.
The events are split into two groups, those sounds that are "played in loop" (important events such as an incoming chat request) and those are "played once" (small, recurring events such as a new chat message).
Events for sounds to be played in a loop
Visitor on-board : The sound notifying an incoming visitor.
Visitor about to leave : The system uses this sound to notify you, when a visitor is about to leave a chat session in 10 seconds.
Chat transfer alert : The sound that plays to inform you of an incoming chat transfer request from another agent.
Events for Sounds to be played once
Chat message from visitor : The sound that notifies you each time, on receiving a message from a visitor, when you are not viewing the LiveDesk Operator Console.
End of chat : The sound that notifies you when a particular chat has ended.
Visitor has left the session : The sound that notifies you when a visitor has left the active chat session.
Invitation for group support : The sound notifying you when a fellow agent has invited you to join for a group-support chat session.
Chat message from colleague : The sound which notifies you on receiving a message from a fellow agent, when you are not viewing the LiveDesk Operator Console.
Message board chat message : The sound which notifies you when someone on your team adds a message to the message board, when you are not viewing the LiveDesk Operator Console.