Besides owning effective managers and quick-witted employees, you need to have supportive followers for accomplishing your project goals. Accompanying this note, today, lets run through a quick and easy tip on 'How to follow and add followers to your project activities?' .
Follow the project activities all by yourself
-Follow to get real-time milestone updates
Milestones are nothing but your project goals, which can ultimately uplift your projects' quality to the next level. Now, users in the portal can follow any milestone under any projects to get milestone updates on their feeds.
- Click All Milestones, in Home to look at the list of all the milestones in your portal.
- Select the milestone that you want to follow.
- Select Follow, in Settings to start following the milestone.
If you feel that the milestone updates are jacking-up your feeds, you can just click Unfollow.
- Select the milestone that you want to unfollow.
- In Settings, select Unfollow to unfollow the milestone.
-Follow the tasklists across projects in your portal
Tasklists are the determinants that can lead your project milestones. Users in the portal can follow any tasklists to know the recent updates. To follow a tasklist, you can get these steps done in the blink of an eye!
- In Home, click All Tasks and select the tasklist that you need to follow.
- In Settings, select Follow to start following the tasklist.
To unfollow the tasklist:
- Select the tasklist that you want to unfollow.
- Click Unfollow to unfollow the tasklist.
-Get notified on task updates right from your feeds
Tasks are the workflow that will trigger up your project goals to success. It is a step by step work process that can aid in accomplishing the tasklists. Users can follow a task and get notified on latest activities happening inside the task.
- In Projects, click Tasks and select the task that you want to follow.
- Select Follow available at the bottom right corner of the page.
To unfollow the task:
- Select the task that you want to unfollow.
- Click Unfollow to stop following the task.
-Follow to enjoy a bug-free project
There is always a negative part that can deter your routine work process. Well, we all have heard of the term 'Bugs' - The virus that hinders our programs. Instead of rushing in the eleventh hour, its always better to get insights even before you hit the hitch. To do that, start following the bugs in the projects.
Enjoy a bug-free project by following a bug and get notified on the bugs at early stages.
- In Home, click All Bugs and select the bug that you want to follow.
- Click Follow at the top right corner in the bug page.
To unfollow the bug:
- Select the bug that you dont want to follow.
- Click Unfollow to unfollow the bug.
-Watch a topic live from your feeds
I would like to call forums as 'Professional Stress Busters'. Day long work can make you dull and inactive, but its time to spoon some knowledge to your brains. Reading a forum topic and viewing the discussion can actually interest you amid the hectic work schedule.
So, just start following the forum post and start receiving live updates!
- Select the forum post.
- Click Watch this Topic to start following the forum.
To unfollow a forum
- Select the forum that you want to unfollow.
- Click Unwatch this Topic to stop following the forum.
Scroll down to know, how you can add followers to your project activities
-Add followers to tasks
Portal Owner and Portal Admin can add followers to tasks.
- In Home, click My Tasks and select the requisite task for adding followers.
- Click Add Followers at the bottom right corner of the page.
- Enter the User details and click Submit.
The user is now added as a follower of your task. Any updates in that particular task is notified to the follower in their feeds.
-Add followers to bugs
Portal Owner and Portal Admin can add followers to bugs.
- In Home, click My Bugs and select the requisite bug for adding followers.
- Click Add Followers at the top right corner of the page.
- Enter the User details and click Submit .
- Only the Portal Owner and Admin can add followers to the task and bugs in the project.
- Users (Employees and Contractors) can just follow or unfollow the task. They CANNOT ADD FOLLOWERS .
It's simple and effective to either follow project activities or add followers to your project activities. What are you waiting for? Tap Follow and get notified in a flash.
Tip of the Week: Task Sorting
I believe that sorting of tasks helps managing the activities in a better fashion. You might second it too . By default, the tasks are listed chronologically. However, you can sort the tasks either by its title, start date, end date, priority, created by and percentage completion. All you have to do is, click the Task Sorting option and select the required criteria. Few points to be noted about task sorting: This option is available in the Classic View only (within My Tasks, Tasks & Milestones section).
Tip of the Week: Task Dependency (Duration in Hours)
I hope the tip on task dependency helped in understanding how it works in Zoho Projects. In a real-time, the successor task may or may not start on the predecessor's completion date. On either case, a project management tool should allow the users to set dependency between tasks. Ain't it? In Zoho Projects, the Task Duration in Hours option allows the users to set dependency between tasks that ends and starts on the same day. The Portal Owner and Admin role users can activate this option from the
Tip of the Week: Task Dependency
Task Dependency - a feature that allows the users to establish dependency / linking between tasks within the project. Points to be noted with respect to this feature: Task Dependency can be set only from the Dependency View section within the Tasks & Milestones module Tasks setup with duration (start & end date) will only be displayed in the Dependency View The supported dependency model is Finish to Start Dependency can be established only between the tasks in the same project A task can be dependent
Tip # 3 - Follow And Add Followers To Your Project Modules
Besides owning effective managers and quick-witted employees, you need to have supportive followers for accomplishing your project goals. Accompanying this note, today, lets run through a quick and easy tip on 'How to follow and add followers to your project activities?' . Follow the project activities all by yourself -Follow to get real-time milestone updates Milestones are nothing but your project goals, which can ultimately uplift your projects' quality to the next level. Now, users in the portal
Tip of the Week: Drag and Drop option in Calendar
As the thoughts flow in your mind, you plan the tasks, provide duration and assign users. While you go through the calendar later, you feel that a couple of tasks should needs to be postponed by a couple of days. Do you navigate to the Tasks & Milestones section and change the task duration? is the question I have for you. In case of YES, I would say that the task duration can be changed from the Calendar module itself. All you need to do is: Drag the task bar and Drop it on the required date. Note: