Businesses thrive on customer engagement. Your networking skills will help you collect leads and build a subscriber list, but keeping them engaged is a different story; it needs a mix of both hard work and smart work. A lot goes into creating an email campaign that we often overlook the simplest of things that actually make a difference, one such being the "from address".
Getting your subscribers to open your emails take you halfway through your goal, and personalizing "from address" greatly contributes to this success. Let's say, you are meeting someone at a conference and you collect their email address to follow up post the event. It is most likely that they open the email if it is directly from you than from a generic ID like event@....com/sales@....com.
Here are some of the "from address" best practices that you can consider while sending out your next email:
- Use a known sender name, it could be an individual's name or your company/brand name depending on the purpose of communication.
- Include a sender name that matches the sender address.
- Do not send emails from "no-reply" addresses for that's a big put-off.
- Refrain from using group email addresses, because that will give an impression that it is a random mass mailer.
And here are ways in which you can use Zoho Campaigns to personalize your "from address":
1. CRM data personalization: A salesperson becomes the first point of contact for any lead. Using CRM merge tags, you can pull details of the salesperson in touch with a particular lead or contact, and emails that go to those leads will go from their respective sales contact.
2. Dynamic sender address: You can associate an individual with a subscriber while creating a mailing list. Then you can send a single campaign that will go out to subscribers from individuals they are mapped to.
P.S. Please do give our
Dynamic sender address
CRM merge tag
features a shot, and share your experience with us.