Tip of the week #12 - Train newcomers with minimum effort
When a new member joins the team, it is important they learn the processes of the team, but, explaining every small detail can be tedious and labor consuming. In Zoho TeamInbox' shared and transparent environment, they can educate themselves from the history of conversations.
Add them as members to your inboxes and your work of training is reduced to half. If you think they are not ready yet to be replying to emails, assign them with an Observer role in inboxes where they can only view threads and comment on them and not perform any other activity on the thread. This will be beneficial in the following ways:
- Since every conversation and the internal discussions around threads are at a single place, their learning becomes more efficient and simple.
- They can stay informed about the various cases your team handles.
- They will be able to learn which member of the team is responsible for which type of task, so communication with peers becomes more direct and easy.
- Their dependencies on senior members can be reduced, thus saving time for both the parties.
- Not giving them permission to make replies until they are ready, will help avoid wrong replies.
- After observing the previous conversations, they will now know how to make precise responses.
So the next time a new member joins your team, make them an observer of your inbox and tell us how it worked out for you. We'd love to hear what other topics you want us to discuss on. Let us know in the comments below.
If you've not tried Zoho TeamInbox yet, sign up now
to start your free trial.
Zoho Pagesense Resources
Zoho SalesIQ Resources
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.