We are a relatively large training company that just recently switched to zoho one and are utilizing just about every app including showtime.
During setup we encountered the following issues and we are writing here today as a "hail-mary pass" because we are worried that showtime is focused on things like "break out rooms" before they finish essential features to operating a training company.
1. Certificates don't send automatically
2. Students can skip right to the test.
3. The certificate does not have a test score field.
4. Rescheduling without refunding is impossible.
5. Removal without refunding is impossible.
6. Fixing a student typo is impossible. If a student has a typo in any of their information it is impossible for us to correct and the student has to take the entire course again!
7. Students are marked as "attended" as soon as they join the class. Making zoho flow automation for mail merge certificates impossible because students will get certified before they take the test!
8. There is no way of knowing when a student needs to be manually sent their certificate. Our front desk has to check every hour and even then they don't know until they click on each student and see that there's a test score because they're marked as attended right as they join. We have thousands of students...........
9. Showtime viewer app says "transaction failed" on each of our 15 tablets we have for in-class training. With using a promo code and without.
10. Even with an explanation email 9/10 students contact us after an on demand class because the end of the course has no instruction on what is happening next.
11. No real sync between showtime and crm. You have to manually press "push to crm" everytime a new student joins if you have any crm workflows you need to trigger. Again we have thousands of students.
12. Some classes require all the material and handouts to be uploaded before launch. If anything is missing the class with have to be cancelled and all of the students will have to re-sign up and re-pay.
13. Business owners cannot sign-up their employees for our course without closing their web-browser after each sign-up or it will remember their last sign-up and take them to the course.
14. Showtime is only functional on a large screen computer. Any smaller screens, tablets, or phones will have links on top of each other and just a completely scrambled unusable format. All activity has to wait until we get to a big screened computer.
15. We can only use 1 promo code per course. Courses have to be duplicated everytime we need to give someone a promo code.
We have reached out over a dozen times and are always met with "that is not on our roadmap but we'll let the devs know and email you an update" or "that is on our roadmap and the devs will update you when they begin working on it". As you can expect we've never received any updates. Instead we've turned to the forums for answers only to find 6 month old comments from zoho saying they're working on it now or its on the roadmap.
We enjoy the idea of zoho one + showtime but we're worried the devs are more focused on adding features to their marketing pdf than creating a functional training platform.
We'd love to see the roadmap.
Please include dates along with any solutions.
Thank you for reading.