We're back with a new set of updates and enhancements to meet your accounting needs. Let's take a look at what's new in Zoho Books this month.
Auto-Categorize Transactions Using Transaction Rules
We introduced Categorized Transactions for Transaction Rules that lets Zoho Books categorize a transaction automatically based on the transaction rule applied. You can view the categorized transaction in your bank account when you filter transactions by their status.
To configure this preference, select the Categorized Transactions option under Add Transaction in This Rule To while creating or editing a transaction rule.
Track Your Outstanding Payables in Bills
You can now use the new dashboard feature in Bills to view the total amount you owe your vendors based on your open or overdue bills.
There are four sections in this dashboard:
- Total Outstanding Payables: This section displays the total amount you owe your vendors, calculated based on your open and overdue bills.
- Due today - This section displays the total amount due for the current day.
- Due within 30 days - This section displays the total payable amount that is due within the next 30 days.
- Overdue Bills - This section displays the total amount calculated from your overdue bills.
Formula Custom Field
You can now create formulas to perform mathematical operations between different fields in a module using the Formula data type in custom fields. We've also added a Check Syntax option that lets you quickly verify and check for errors in your formula.
To create a custom field with the Formula data type, go to Settings > Preferences, choose the module in which you want to add the custom field, and select Formula in the Data Type field.
Note: This feature is available only for PREMIUM, ELITE and ULTIMATE plans of Zoho Books.
Customize Vendor Portal Invitations
Represent your organization better to your vendors by personalizing the invitations you send them for accessing the vendor portal.
Go to Settings > Emails > Vendor Portal Invitation and click Show Mail Content to edit the template.
Bulk Update Users in Projects
You can now add users for up to 25 projects using the improved Bulk Update feature under Projects.
Go to Time Tracking > Projects. Click Bulk Update and add multiple users to the selected projects. Refer to our help document and learn how to add users in bulk.
- Create transactions in multiple currencies for the same customer or vendor using our new Multi-Currency feature.
- Add your customers' debit or credit cards from the customer's details page to keep track of their payments.
- Customers can now pay retainer invoices using their debit or credit cards.
Try out these features and share your suggestions and feedback in the comments section. To view all the updates of Zoho Books, you can visit our What's New timeline
The Zoho Books Team