When you send credit notes to your customers, you might want them to have access to vital information that they might not find on your credit note. Your customers can now access such information by scanning the QR code in the credit note's PDF.
You will also be able to enter the description that should be displayed next to the QR code. For example, you can have the description as 'Scan the QR code to visit our website for more details'.
After you enable the feature, you need to configure it in your credit note templates. To do this: Go to Settings > Templates > Credit Notes. Edit a template. In the footer section, check the Show Credit Note QR Code option.
Apply TDS for Invoices, Bills of Supply, and Debit Notes (India edition)
Calculate and apply Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) for your invoices, bills of supply, and debit notes after selecting the TDS section of your choice. You can also choose to edit or delete a particular rate.
If you do not find the TDS section you're looking for, you can create a new TDS section along with the rate by managing TDS. You will also be able to mark your TDS section as a higher TDS after providing a reason.
You can choose to track your TDS payables in your Other Current Liability accounts and your TDS receivables in your Other Current Asset account. If you want to track your TDS receivables and payables in a new account, you can do so by creating a new account in the Chart of Accounts.
To apply TDS: Go to Sales > Invoices. Create a new invoice. Select TDS and select the applicable tax from the dropdown.
Profit and Loss Report Enhancements
1) Choose to show or hide the Year to Date column for your profit and loss report, and compare them based on the period, year, or reporting tags. For these Year to Date columns, you can also choose to display the percentage of income and expenses.
To do this: Go to Reports > Profit and Loss Report. Click Customise Report at the top. Go to the Show/Hide Columns section and click Add Year To Date.
2) Export the current view of your Profit and Loss report in XLS and XLSX formats. If you've customised the report, then that current view will be exported.
To do this: Go to Reports > Profit and Loss report, and click Export As.
3) View the formula that was used to calculate the amount in your Profit and Loss reports after exporting them to Zoho Sheet or Microsoft Excel. You can also tweak the formula in case you need to make any changes.
To do this: Click on any amount cell after exporting the Profit and Loss report to Zoho Sheet or Microsoft Excel.
4) Sort the amounts in the Total column in ascending or descending order based on your choice.
Zoho Books iOS App Updates
1) View the billing and shipping address of a customer on Google Maps.
2) We've introduced new templates; a Compact template for all editions to list more line items, and the Standard and Simplified templates for the Saudi Arabia edition to abide by the government regulations.
You can also check our What's New timeline
to see all the small tweaks we've made to enhance your accounting experience.
That's a wrap for this month! We are always eager to hear your suggestions so we can help you better. If you have a feature request, feel free to share it in our forum
If you require any assistance, please write to us at email@example.com
and we'll get back to you. Stay tuned for more updates from Zoho Books!
The Zoho Books Team