As always, at the beginning of a month, we're here to update you about the recent updates to Zoho Invoice. Read on to know about what we have enhanced and updated in Zoho Invoice for October.
Autoscan receipts to create expenses
Finding it time-consuming to convert your receipts into expenses manually? We have introduced the Autoscan feature, using which the receipts you upload will be autoscanned to capture the key details. This will enable you to create expenses from receipts quickly.
To start auto-scanning receipts:
- Go to the Expenses module.
- Click the folder icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Agree to the terms, and click Enable Autoscan.
- In the Receipts Inbox that follows, you can either upload receipts from the desktop/cloud, or configure an email address and forward them to it.
Create connections to access data
If you use custom actions to access data from third-party services, you can now utilize the Connections feature to authenticate the API calls sent. Connections provide you a more secure way of establishing a connection with third-party apps. All you need to do is create a connection, and then provide the Link Name in your deluge script to fetch third-party data. You can either pick an app from the list of apps Zoho Invoice is already connected with, or connect with other services.
To create a connection:
- Go to the Deluge editor of your Custom Function/Custom Button/Schedules.
- Click Connections in the top right corner of the editor.
- Choose an app from the Pick Your Service tab, or enter the connection details of the desired app in the Custom Service tab.
Grant access to dashboard reports
Dashboards in Zoho Invoice provides an insight into your organization's finances. It gives you a clear picture about the total receivables, expenses, etc. using reports. You can now restrict the access to view these reports based on the user roles. You can either provide access to all the dashboard reports, or choose the ones that the user needs to know.
Note: This option will be enabled by default for users having roles with access to Business Overview Reports.
To do this: Go to Settings > Users & Roles > Roles > Select or create a new role > Enable Dashboard.
Fixed table headers while scrolling
No more disappearing column headers when scrolling through your reports! To improve the usability of reports and entity table views while scrolling, we now freeze the table headers to the top of the page. This provides an easy way to understand the data you’re viewing.
Make the most of iOS 13 updates
- Adopt a system-wide dark mode.
- Scan business cards to add customers.
- Work faster with conversational shortcuts.
- Use contextual menus to access more functions.
Take a look at our release notes for the complete list of updates. Give these features a try and don't forget to share your feedback in the comments below.
The Zoho Invoice Team