Zoho Expense: Product Updates - January - March 2020
I hope all of you are safe and healthy in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. While we’re going through these unforeseen circumstances, staying on top of your expenses is vital for every business. So, we have made enhancements to our app that will help you manage your expenses efficiently. Read through all the updates we've rolled out in the first quarter of 2020 and put them to best use while managing your expenses.
Attach Receipts from Zoho WorkDrive
Zoho WorkDrive joins Zoho Expense's list of cloud accounts. You can now upload the receipts you've saved in your Zoho WorkDrive into Zoho Expense directly. Create expenses for those receipts and report them on time.
To do this: Go to Receipt Inbox > Click here to attach > from cloud > Zoho WorkDrive > Select Receipt > Attach.
Share Your Access to Export Reports to Xero
If you have integrated your Zoho Expense organization with Xero, you can now share your access with other admins to export the reports from Zoho Expense to Xero. All the admins with this access permission will be able to export the reports to Xero, without having to depend on the integration owner to do it. Besides exporting reports, they also have permission to sync the data instantly between the two apps.
To share your access: Go to Admin > Integrations > Xero > Show Details > Change Configuration > Share Access > Select the users > Save.
New Camera Modes to Capture Receipts (iOS App)
Switch between different camera modes to capture your receipts in the iOS app. We've introduced Quick Scan, Single, and Multipage modes to help you click the photos of your expense receipts.
If you're in a hurry, but have a lot of receipts to scan, use the Quick Scan mode. With this mode, you can continue to capture photos of your receipts while scanning happens in the background. Use the Single mode, if you want to create a single expense for the receipt you upload. Use the Multipage mode to capture long receipts with multiple pages, and upload it as a receipt to create a single expense.
To try this: Open Zoho Expense iOS App > Camera icon > Select a mode.
Zoho Expense - itilite Integration
itilite is an end-to-end travel management software, which helps corporate organizations in booking flights, trains, buses, and other transportation services for their employees' business travel.
After you integrate with itilite, every time an employee books a service through itilite, a non-reimbursable expense will be automatically created for the respective employee's account in Zoho Expense. Also, the integration will help you keep a track of your employees’ travel bookings and expenses.
To integrate: Go to Admin > Integrations > itilite > Contact Us and request access to integrate with itilite.
Zoho Expense - Zoho Projects Integration
Zoho Projects is an online project management software that helps you plan and track your work efficiently. By integrating Zoho Expense with Zoho Projects, you can fetch your projects and customers easily. Also, you can record expenses for the imported projects and bill the customers you've imported, if required. Learn more about this the Zoho Expense – Zoho Projects integration.
To do this: Go to Admin > Integrations > Zoho Projects > Connect Now.
iOS App Updates
- You can now associate Projects and Customers with the advances you record.
- If the receipts fail to be uploaded to Zoho Expense, we will retry the syncing of receipts automatically. Also, you can retry syncing the receipts manually.
- You can now associate report types to reports and create expenses with the expense categories filtered based on the associated report type.
- If your report has expenses that were incurred in multiple currencies, you can view a summary of the total amount of expenses made and advances received, for each currency.
Android App Updates
- Search option is now available for Reports in the Android app. You can now search the reports you've created in both online and offline modes.
- If you have statuses other than the default statuses for the advances you record, you can create a custom status of your own, in the web app. The custom statuses created in your web app can be used from the Android app.
Try out these features and share your feedback in the comments section below. We'd love to hear from you.
Also, to help businesses during this tough period, Zoho has introduced:
- A remote work toolkit, Zoho Remotely, for free until July 1, 2020.
- Emergency Subscription Assistance Program (ESAP) to help small businesses that have been severely impacted due to the economic disruption.
The Zoho Expense Team
Zoho SalesIQ Resources
Zoho TeamInbox Resources
Zoho DataPrep Resources
Zoho CRM Plus Resources
Zoho Books Resources
Zoho Subscriptions Resources
Zoho Desk Resources
Zoho Projects Resources
Zoho Sprints Resources
Zoho Creator Resources
Zoho WorkDrive Resources
Zoho Campaigns Resources
Zoho CRM Resources
Zoho Show Resources
Get Started. Write Away!
Writer is a powerful online word processor, designed for collaborative work.