Happy May! This month we have two new integrations and a few interesting mobile updates for you. Read on to learn more about how you can use them in your organization.
Sage Accounting Integration
Zoho Expense is now integrated with Sage Accounting. No more exporting your expenses manually to get them accounted on time for closing your books. Once the expense reports are reimbursed in Zoho Expense, they are automatically pushed to Sage Accounting for bookkeeping purposes.
With the Zoho Expense and WAY2VAT integration, you can reclaim VAT from your business expenses easily. If your employee incurs business expenses with VAT applied to it, whether in your country or another country, then WAY2VAT determines if that VAT is recoverable and helps you reclaim the VAT paid. Once you set up the integration, all the expenses and the expense receipts that are associated with reimbursed reports will be automatically synced with WAY2VAT for analysis. If the expenses are eligible for VAT reclaim, then WAY2VAT will help you receive the maximum refund based on the VAT rules.
Expense Details in Report PDF
Earlier, in the expense report PDF, the receipts associated with the report were displayed at the end of the PDF without any of the expense details such as date, category, merchant or tax amount. As a result, it was difficult to identify the receipt that belonged to a particular expense. However, with this update, you can now customize the PDF template to display expense details along with the receipt images.
iOS App Updates
- In addition to applying the custom statuses that were configured in the web app to the Approved and Reimbursed reports, you can now apply custom statuses to Submitted reports as well. Similarly, apply the custom statuses that were configured in the web app to Trips, Reports, and Advances in Rejected status.
- The supported OS version has been upgraded from iOS 11.0 to iOS 13.0. From this upgrade, all the new updates that are made in the app will be available only for devices with iOS version 13.0 or above.
Android App Updates
- Now, you can upload up to 5 receipts at a time for autoscan from third party applications.
- If you enter the odometer start reading to create a mileage expense and put the app to background or the phone shuts down, the next time you open the app, the odometer reading will be remembered and prefilled so that you can create a mileage expense with the same reading without having to enter it again.
- In the Approvals module, when you view a report PDF, you can now select a template that you'd like to use for viewing the PDF.
- Now create mileage expenses for electric vehicles using your mobile app. When you create a mileage expense, simply choose the fuel type as 'Electric'. Also, when you add new vehicles to your mileage policy, you can associate this new fuel type for electric vehicles.
Give these features a go and let us know what you think in the comments below. If you have any questions, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.
The Zoho Expense Team