As we are the means for you to procure and process your visitor data, our code of functioning has always been to provide maximum data-security to our customers. By complying with GDPR (that took effect from May 2018), we've planned on protecting your visitor data during exportation and helping you create awareness among your visitors about your cookie and other privacy policies.
Let's take a quick look at what GDPR is,
GDPR is a regulation in the EU law on data protection and privacy for all the individuals within the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA). GDPR was launched to unify and strengthen data protection for all the citizens in the EU and also to simplify the regulatory environment for the firms that are engaged in profiling and monitoring the behaviour of EU individuals. Though GDPR was primarily launched for the protection of personal data of the EU citizens, we have extended the data-protection policy to protect the visitor data of our other customers as well! No matter where you are located, what kind of business you are into, whether or not you operate globally, we offer means to safeguard your visitor data, and you can either choose to go for it or just opt out of it.
Measures that we've taken up to ensure data protection,
- Protect your visitor data during exportation.
- Disclose your cookie policies to visitors as soon as they land on your website.
- Disclose your privacy policies in the visitor chat window right before they try initiating chats with the operators of your firm.
Not just this we have also incorporated,
- Double opt-in option, that would let the visitors double-check whether or not they would like to email their chat transcripts to the specified email address from their chat windows.
- We'll notify your visitors in their chat windows every time your operators use Google translate to translate their chats.
Note: You can avail all these options in our Zoho SalesIQ mobile SDKs as well.
Hope this forum was informative enough for you take an initiative to lock down and safeguard your data from breaches and abuses, and also to educate your customers about your privacy policies to provide a seamless environment for you to nurture the bond that you share with them. And if you would need further assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact our support team.