Users with the following permissions enabled in their profile can import notes in their Bigin account.
1. 'Create' permission for Notes under Basic Permissions.
2. Import permissions should be enabled under Advanced Features. For example, even if a user has Notes creation permission but does not have Import permissions, they will not be able to import notes.
Notes are an integral part of your records as they let you quickly log key information about a contact or a deal for instance. There might be instances when you need to transfer data from another CRM or database into Bigin and while transferring records you cannot import the notes along with them as some records might have multiple notes associated to them. Manually adding notes one at a time to each record is rather taxing and instead you can overcome this hassle by using the Import Notes feature in Bigin.
Points to remember:
- Before you import the note, ensure that the parents record (i.e Contacts, Deals etc.) for the notes are already imported.
- The file that you import must have a unique identifier column like Email, Contact ID etc. so that each note can be associated to the corresponding parent record in Bigin. While you map the data in your file with the respective Bigin fields you must map this unique identifier column with the corresponding Parent ID field listed in Bigin.
- Ensure the first row of the import file has the column names like Note Title, Note Content, etc.
To import notes,
1. Let's say you want to import notes to Contacts module, Click the
2. In the
Contacts Home page, click
3. Browse the file to be imported and upload it.
4. When the file is uploaded, click
5. Map fields from the import file to those in Bigin.
Unmapped to view the columns that are mapped and not mapped respectively with the fields in Bigin. Ensure you map a unique field as a Parent ID.
7. Select the
Reset Field Mapping if you want to start mapping from scratch.
8. Click the
Apply Auto Mapping link to let Bigin map the import columns with matching fields.
The import process runs in the background. Once it is completed, you will receive a notification at the bottom right corner of your Bigin account. This notification will have an option to view a detailed summary of the import. You can also access the summary from the Import History section under Data Administration settings.
- The supported file formats are .xls, .xlsx, .vcf or .csv
- You can import up to 250 rows at a time under free plan and up to 5000 rows at a time under Express plan .xls, .xlsx or .vcf files and 10000 rows for .csv files.
- Maximum file size is 10MB.