Understanding cyclic autoresponder
If you want to send messages at periodic intervals, you should make use of the cyclic autoresponder. This autoresponder enables you to create and send messages on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis.
Lini owns a restaurant. Her Friday nights are usually a bit slow, so she has set up a cyclic autoresponder to recur every Friday with a special offer for a deal on her food. She creates an email detailing her offers and sends it to her contacts every Friday. Two months later, Friday nights are booming.
Create a cyclic autoresponder
- From the Navigation Toolbar choose Automation and select Autoresponders.
- Click Create Autoresponder. Mouse over the Cyclic and click Create.
Fill in the following information:
- Name the autoresponder for your future reference.
- Select a mailing list that should be associated with your autoresponder. If necessary, you can create a new mailing list.
- Click Create.
Cyclic autoresponder has two views: the kanban view, and the calendar view. You can toggle between these two views using the switch in the top-right corner.
Create cyclic series
Create and send a series of email campaigns yearly, monthy, weekly and daily. Zoho Campaigns allow contacts to choose what email newsletters they would like to receive by selecting topics they are interested in. Therefore, you can use cyclic autoresponders to send email campaigns to your contacts with content relevant to topics they are interested in.
Learn more about topics.
- Click Create Series.
- Build your series by providing the following details:
- Series Name - for future reference.
- Recurring Period - choose from yearly, monthly, weekly or daily recurring frequency.
- Select the day and time you want to send your message.
- Click Proceed.
- Add a name and subject for your message.
- Select a topic from the drop-down. Learn more about topics
- Add sender address, enable reply tracking to track your replies if needed and select a reply-to address and click Next.
- Add content for your email message and click Next.
- Once the content is ready, you can send the message for review by clicking the Send for Review button.
Once you've created the series configure content for the next message of the series if you need to send a different email campaign. To start sending your autoresponder messages click Activate.
Note: You can configure different content for every message of the series. If not configured the content of the previously sent message will be sent again.
Managing autoresponder messages
To edit the message schedule:
- Click the Edit icon to the right of your message.
- Select a time to send your message, then save your changes.
- Any timing changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
- It may take up to 30 minutes from the scheduled delivery time for the autoresponder message to be sent.
- Schedule after one day means your message will be sent exactly 24 hours from the previous message.
To edit an email:
- Click the More icon next to the email you want to edit.
- Select Edit from the list.
- Make the intended changes and click Save.
- Only an email that is not sent out can be edited.
- Any changes in the message content must be sent for another review.
To delete an email:
- Click the More icon next to the email you wish to delete.
- Select the Delete option. A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm. Click Delete to confirm.
Note: Only an email in draft can be deleted.
To delete a series:
- Navigate to the message you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Delete to confirm.
Sending campaigns to autoresponder opened and clicked recipients
You can send campaigns to recipients who have opened and clicked your autoresponder messages.
- From the autoresponder timeline, navigate to the Reports section and click Send email button on the top-left corner of the screen
- Select from the options Opened or Unopened from the drop-down menu.
- Select from the options All messages or Any message from the drop-down menu.
- Click Create.
You can now create the message, configure content and schedule the campaign.