This Workflow triggers at the time you specify, either once or recurring.
Jane sends promotional campaigns to all workflows in her mailing list. She wants to give special offers to her active contacts. To decide who the active contacts are, she scores them based on their opens and clicks in a one-month timeframe. She hence creates a one-time workflow, sets the condition as 'Contact Score is greater than 150', and selects 'Send Email' as the action. After composing the email content, she schedules the workflow to trigger after one month and activates it. Though active, the workflow will be triggered only once at that specified time. This action will be performed only once.
Jane wants to push the contacts that join her mailing list to a Zoho CRM module at the end of every week. She hence sets the condition as 'Added time is current week' and selects the action as 'Push contacts to Zoho CRM'. She then sets the time interval as 'Every week on Saturday' and activates the workflow. Thus the contacts added to her mailing list every week will be pushed to Zoho CRM on Saturdays, till the workflow is kept active.
Create a time-based workflow
- From the Navigation toolbar, select Automation and choose Workflows.
- Click on Create Workflow button present at the top-right corner.
- Click Conditional Workflow, and select click Create under Time-based workflow.
Provide the following information:
- Click Activate Now to enable workflow immediately or click Save as Draft for use in the future. When you save as draft the workflow schedule you've set will not be saved. You will need to schedule the workflow while activating.
Once activated, the workflow will be triggered on the scheduled interval. You can pause and reactivate the workflow at any time.
Changing criteria pattern
The default criteria pattern is ''( ( ( ( ( 1 and 2 ) and 3 ) and 4 ) and 5 ) and 6 )'' if you choose all six criteria. However, you can choose between the operators 'And' or 'Or' between the conditions. If you wish to change the position of the parentheses, click the link Change pattern to edit the pattern.
You want to filter contacts by creating a view that displays all contacts from automobile industry who recently attended a trade show and whose location is either San Diego or San Francisco. When you specify this criteria using the Criteria Editor, the criteria pattern will be displayed as shown below:
The default pattern is (((1 and 2) and 3) or 4). However, the required pattern is ((1 and 2) and (3 or 4)). This modification can be made using the Change Pattern option.
You can view reports for any active workflow. To view reports:
- From the Navigation toolbar, choose Automation and select Workflow.
- Select the workflow for which you want to view reports.
- Navigate to the intended action and click View Reports.
The report will display a list of contacts on whom actions were performed and a list of those that were missed out, along with the reason they were skipped.