Data migration is a process of transferring data between applications, data storage systems or data centers. In Zoho Campaigns, data migration lets our destination users to migrate their data from their source account to destination account. Using this process, you can copy your campaigns, reports, mailing lists, subscribers, segments, and custom fields data to your destination account.
In this section, we’ll walk you through the various steps that are involved in migrating your data from source (US account) to destination (EU account) data center successfully.
Setting up a data migration plan
Before you set up the data migration process, please check that you have active user accounts in both source and destination setup.
To set up the data migration process, follow the instructions below:
- From the Navigation toolbar, click Data Migration.
- This will take you to a landing page where you need to click Let’s Start.
- Now, you’ll be taken to following steps:
Authenticate your source account
- In this step, you’ll confirm your source account and click Authenticate.
- Now, you’ll grant us the permissions to access your data such as
- Read and export data in source account.
- Import data to destination account.
- Click Continue.
Before you migrate your data, you’ll map the users from your source account to users from your destination account to transfer data. Click Next.
Once you click the Initiate button, the following data will start to copy:
- Campaigns and reports
- Mailing lists and segments
- Subscribers and custom fields
Note: While the data migration is processing you cannot create campaigns, mailing list, custom fields, or add subscribers related to this account.
You can see the data migration status and the various stages involved in it.
You can also view the module wise progress of data that is getting imported.
Data migration status
Once the data migration is complete, you can view the various data that were migrated to your destination account.