What Does This Page Cover?
Learn to create permission sets that determine the actions a user can perform when they have access to the data of an application.
Permissions is accessible in all
of Creator. Addition of new permission sets is possible only in the paid plans.
super admin, admins, and developers can create and manage Permissions.
Setting Up Permission Sets
, when added to an application by a super admin or admin, need to be assigned with a permission set. This permission set determines the different actions a user can perform in the live mode of an application. Before creating a permission set, make sure to check out everything you need to know about
Permission Set Creation Flow
See How to Configure
Create a Permission Set
to the edit mode of your application.
2. Click Settings situated in the top bar of the page.
3. Click User Permissions under the Permissions section.
4. The User Permissions page appears with the Permissions tab open. By default, the Read and Write permission set will be available in all applications.
5. Click Add Permission to create a custom permission set. Enter a Name and Description for the permission set.
Note: Character limit for:
Name field - 100
Description field - 200
6.Click Expand next to API & Security Permission.
i) API access
is selected by default. It allows the live users to use
for data manipulation. Click Disable
7. Click the checkboxes under the actions (Access, View, Edit, Delete and more) that you want the live user to be able to perform in the specified component.
Note: If there is more than one report for a form, a dropdown will list all of them when the checkbox is clicked. Choose the reports for which you want to enable that action from here.
8. Click the checkbox under More to reveal more actions like Import, Export/Print, View All, Modify All, Create new report, Read comments, and Write comments.
Click Field Permission. The Fields Permissions popup appears.
10. Deselect the checkboxes under Visibility for the fields that need not be visible in the report. All checkboxes will be selected by default.
11. Select the checkbox under Read Only for the fields that should not be made editable in the report. By default, the fields are editable. Click Done.
12. Click Save in the Add Permission Set pane. The permission set gets added in the Permissions tab.
Edit a Permission Set
1. Click the name of permission set to modify the details and actions it encloses.
Duplicate a Permission Set
1. Hover over a permission set and click the duplicate icon to the right of a permission. The Duplicate Permission Set pane slides in from the right with the same information.
2. Edit the entries if required and click Save to create a duplicated permission set.
Delete a Permission Set
1. Hover over a permission set and click the bin icon to the right of a permission set to delete it.
2. If the permission set has already been assigned to a user, a popup appears. Choose the new permission set you want the users to be assigned with upon deletion, from here.
The number of permission sets that can be added to an application depends on your Creator plan. See our