A record template for a form allows you to present the data in each of its records in a meaningful and structured manner.
Imagine that you've created an order management application and that as users place their orders, you want to email them their invoice. Invoices contain order information, which in this example will be stored in your orders form. Creating a record template based on this form will help you automate the process of putting together the order information in the desired format. You can email the invoices using your Creator app by setting up an email notification upon form submission that uses a record template to include the order data in it. Below is an example of how this invoice can look:
Refer to the following sections to learn more about record templates:
Creating and designing record template
Zoho Creator offers an intuitive, WYSIWYG interface to create record templates with various customization options and simple drag-and-drop controls. Learn how to create a record template
The following image shows how the record template designer looks:
The record template designer provides the following:
Using record templates
The following are the avenues where your record templates come into play:
Below are examples that illustrate the usage of record templates:
- Estimates - A template displaying an estimate of the cost of production for various products. The products can be differentiated by displaying them as separate columns and also resizing them. Process description can be included using Paragraph. Previous year graphs can be inserted using Images. Tables can be used to list cost variations of different vendors.
- Brochures - Colorful brochures can be created using various color options provided by the template elements. Logos, if any, can be inserted using Images. Brochures mostly contain pictures, which can also be accomplished using Images.
- Certificates - Certificates mostly contain text of different fonts and sizes, which can be accomplished using various customization options in Paragraph. Date field, name field, and other form fields can be dragged and dropped on the template designer. You can also add signatures using the Image element. A background image of the institution granting the certificate can also be inserted.
- Newsletters - Different topics in the newsletter can be displayed in separate columns. The heading can be used to write headlines for different topics. Different background colors can be applied to different topics.
- Campaign emails - Various marketing campaign emails can be constructed using "Record Templates", and can be sent as in-line content or as a PDF attachment with an email.
- Visiting cards - You can create visiting card templates using name field, phone number field and various other form fields and print the same for distribution.
Things to know
When you (app Admin) or a shared user wants to download the media files in the record template sent via email notifications, you must be logged into your account. You can then click on the media file URL and download the files.