1. What Does This Page Cover?
4. Forms in Creator
4.1. See How It Works
4.2. Use Case
- Create form from scratch - Say you want to create a customized Support Ticket Entry form for your Order Management application. This form needs the following fields:
- Drop Down (order type)
- Drop Down (support ticket type)
- Image (for issue-related pictures)
- Multi Line (description)
- Create form by importing data - Say you already have an .xls file containing records about an fraud insurance claim, and you want to create a form which has all the fields that are covered in your file. You can use this file to create a form that collects further incoming requests. The columns will be displayed as fields in the form while the rows of data will be entered as records in the report.
4.3. Navigation Guide for Creation of Forms
- If you are creating a form for the first time, when the Create new form button is clicked, the screen displays all the different types of form creation that Creator offers.
- After you've created components , when the + button is clicked, the screen shows the different components that can be created in the application. Here, when forms is clicked, the screen displays all the different types of form creation that Creator offers.
4.4. Components of a Form
- Fields - The fields serve as an input area through which you can collect specific information that your form intends to derive from the end-user. Creator offers different types of fields — each meant to capture a specific kind of data—that you can add to your form. Each field's properties can be customized from the form builder as per your specific needs.
- Buttons - Buttons present in a form initiate certain actions, such as submitting, updating, or resetting the entered data. You can also create workflows that are triggered on the click of these buttons.
4.5. Types of Forms in Creator
Types of Form Creation
On my own - From scratch
Create a form afresh and customize the fields, structure, and appearance.
On my own - Import with data
Create a form with data that you already possess in the form of a file. This file can be uploaded to Creator in the following formats:
Create a form from a predefined template that Creator offers to suit your business needs.The library of these form templates covers various fields of work like education, business, construction, sales, and the IT industry.
Create a form that integrates Creator with another service, thereby enabling data transfer from the submitted form to a module in the target service.
4.6. Stateless Forms
4.7. Customize the Appearance of Form
Setting a theme for your application applies the chosen theme to all the components of your application including your forms. This includes choosing a layout, setting a color, choosing a font, and more.
Manage the sections of your forms, set icons that make them look distinct, and much more.
5. Points to Note
- Users with Read, Write, or Custom permissions can view/edit all the records of a form according to the permissions granted to them.
- In addition to the data that's submitted through the form, Creator captures few details, such as which user added a record, the date and time when the record was added, and which user was the last one to update it. These details are stored in the system fields.
- Upon form submission, a record is created in a list report that gets created by default when the form is created. You can further create different types of reports for the same form such as kanban, calendar, and spreadsheet reports.
- There are three types of form events that can happen, for which workflows can be associated:
- Before form submission: Events that occur on the load of a form, when a user enters an input, etc.
- On form submission: Events that happen on validating the data that is entered in a input area.
- After form submission: Events that occur when a form is successfully submitted or when a field is updated.
- All types of forms (except integration forms) support workflows such as form workflows, payment workflows, blueprints, etc.
- Integration forms do not support any workflows such as form workflows, payment workflows, blueprints, etc. Refer to the limitations section of integration forms for a detailed list.
- The following fields will not be available for stateless forms - SubForm, Signature, File upload, Audio, Video, Auto Number, Formula, Prediction, Keyword Extraction, Sentiment Analysis, OCR, and Object Detection.