Object detection models can be trained to identify predefined objects from digital photographs with a certain accuracy level. This model uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to analyze the images that you upload.
You may have a huge inventory of diverse objects that require manual detection on a daily basis, which might be time-consuming and repetitive. This is where the Object Detection model comes in to automate the process. It identifies objects by comparing the uploaded user-input data to the predefined objects that the model can recognize. Using this model, one can automate business processes like maintaining an inventory, accounting, and more.
Object Detection model prerequisites
Businesses of any size have their own custom objects to be detected. For example, if you're dealing with construction materials, you can upload images of various bricks used and train the model to identify each of them.
Creator enables you to build and train custom object detection models tailored to suit your business needs.
You can also utilize our ready-to-use models to detect objects from a pre-defined list of objects. In ready-to-use models, you can select the application name and form name from the Microservices section and you'll be taken to the form in which a new object detection field will be created.
What skills do you need?
- As the admin, you can create and use object detection models, whereas your users only consume the models you've created.
- You should know enough about all your business requirements to determine and gather the images that'll be used for training the model.
- As a low-code platform, Creator doesn't require you and your users to have prior coding and machine-learning skills to create and consume the object detection models.
What data do you need?
- You need a minimum of 10 images for each object to train an object detection model. For desirable results, you should have at least 20 images.
- You can also use 50 images to help the model identify image attributes (color, shape, size) better and also improve the model performance.
- For desirable results, you can upload up to 20 images in varying angles.
- For model training, you may upload 10 images for each object, though more is preferable. The model would be much more confident and be able to recognize image properties such as color, shape, and size in 50 images.
Which pricing plan must you be in?
- AI models will be available for users in Professional and Ultimate plans. Refer to our pricing page to learn more.
Which version of Creator should you be using?
- You must be using Zoho Creator 6 (C6) to be able to create custom AI models whereas, the ready-to-use AI models are available in both C6 and C5.
Get started with sample data
To help you get started quickly and explore the possibilities of object detection, you can build and train an object detection model using sample pictures, that you can readily use in your Creator applications.