Workflows allow you to set up an action-reaction system in your business, that continues to take place as long as the condition is true. For example, if a customer replies to a particular email, workflow rules automatically send an acknowledgement email or creates a task to call the customer.
Similarly, workflows can be used to automate actions and follow-ups that are required based on interactions on social handles like Facebook and Twitter. For instance you can:
- Create a task for the sales rep to contact prospects who retweet your tweets.
- Send an email acknowledgement along with product order form if the customer sends a direct message requesting for the product.
- Update the lead status as "interested" if someone likes your post or retweet.
- Reply to a comment or post a comment when someone writes or comments on your post.
Configuring workflow for Social
You can configure workflows for leads, accounts or contacts who respond to your Facebook and Twitter handles. Facebook and Twitter are displayed under modules when you start creating a new rule.
To configure a workflow follow the below steps:
Part I: Rule Execution
Define the condition when the rule should be executed. Below are the list of conditions that you can choose for Facebook and Twitter.
Facebook: The rule can be executed when someone
- Writes a post
- Comments on a post
- Likes a post
- Sends a direct message
Twitter: The rule can be executed when someone
- Mentions your twitter handle
- Retweets a tweet
- Replies to a tweet
- Sends a direct message
Part II: Specify Condition
Choose a criteria to specify which records the rule applies to.
For example, you can select if a rule should apply to a lead or a contact or an account. Similarly you can choose if the rule applies to a particular post, tweet, Facebook page, Twitter handle or on a comment (keywords like "product name", "subscription plan" etc.).
Use case: Let's consider a subscriber who posts on your Facebook page about an unsuccessful renewal needs immediate attention because the subscription is about to expire. You can set a workflow that automatically posts a comment stating that an agent will contact him within 24 hours.
You can specify the conditions:
- Based on module (Leads/Contacts/Accounts): You can set the rule such that it applies to:
- All the leads/accounts/contacts or
- Specific leads/contacts/accounts only.
- Based on fields from Facebook or Twitter: You can set the rule such that it applies to:
- All or any Facebook page or post
- Particular page or post that contains certain keywords
- All or any Twitter handle or comment
- Particular handle or comment that contains certain keywords
Part III. Specify the instant action
Specify the instant action that should be triggered when the condition is met. You can choose the following instant actions:
Points to consider
- Only instant actions can be selected, schedule actions are not available.
- For Twitter only field update, email notification, task, and webhooks only.
- Rule can be configured only for Leads, Accounts, and Contacts.
- Post a comment (when someone writes a post)
- React to post (when someone writes a post)
- Reply to comment (when someone comments on a post)
- Like comment (when someone comments on a post)
- Reply to message - (when someone sends direct message).
- Field update
- Email notification
To configure workflow rule for Facebook and Twitter
- Go to Setup > Automation > Workflow Rules.
- Click Create Rule.
- In the Create New Rule page, do the following:
- Select Facebook or Twitter from the Module drop-down list.
- Enter the Rule Name and Description.
- Click Next.
- Under When do you want to execute this rule? select one of the options.
- Click Next.
- In Condition do the following:
- Would you like to set conditions for post fields? click Yes or No.
If you choose Yes, specify the Facebook post or page OR Twitter handle or tweet.
Example, Facebook page is Zylker Inc., post contains commercial property OR Twitter handle contains Zylker properties and tweet is zylkercommercials. You can mention any keyword
- Under Apply this rule, select Leads, Accounts or Contacts from the drop-down list.
- Which [Module] would you like to apply this rule to? specify the condition, if any.
- Click Done.
- Choose an Instant Action from the available list.
- Click Save.