To create a group from the Feeds tab
- In the Feeds tab, click the Create Group icon.
In the New Group page, do the following:
- Specify the Group Name and Description for the group.
- In the Group Source section, select the group members. You can select users, roles, roles & subordinates, and different groups as members of the new group.
- Click Save.
On clicking on a group, you can view the group's feeds and also the members associated to the group.
Modify Feeds Preference
Feeds is a great way to keep a tab on records that matter to you. However, if you think your Feeds section is getting too busy with all kinds of updates, you can choose the modules that you wish to receive updates from. For example, if you wish to only see updates on Deals and Accounts and not Leads, you can simply uncheck Leads from the Feeds Preference settings. This will block out all Feeds related to the Leads module.
Feeds Preference settings are set by the Administrator and are applicable to all users of the CRM organziation account.
To modify Feeds Preference
- In the Feeds tab, click Feeds Preference.
- Choose the modules from which you wish to receive updates.
- Click Save.
Add Auto-Follow Rules
Auto-Follow Rules, as the name suggests, helps you automatically follow records that are important to you. When a record meets the criteria specified in the Auto-Follow Rule, the record is automatically followed by you. Changes made to the records followed by you are listed in the Feeds tab in Zoho CRM. This helps you keep track of the activities and updates of those important records.
Consider this scenario: You are heading the sales department in your company and you wish to receive updates on all the important deals that have an opportunity of more than $1000. Instead of asking your team to manually send updates on the important records, you can follow the records automatically using Auto-Follow Rules and get updates within the Feeds tab. That way, you are well informed whenever a note is added to it, some details are added to the record, or any other activity is associated to the record.
To create auto-follow rules
- In the Feeds tab, click the Create link.
In the Create New Auto-Follow Rule page, do the following:
- Click Create.
To edit or delete auto follow rules
- In the Feeds tab, click the Manage link.
All the auto follow rules will be listed. They are sorted under two headings - Created By Me and Shared With Me.
- Click the Edit link to edit a rule or the Del link to delete it.
- Auto-Follow Rules can be created for any module, including custom modules.
- You can create a maximum of 5 auto follow rules per module.
- Only the auto-follow rules that you create will be available to you.
- Feeds will capture certain changes made to the records that you follow. These actions include creating a record, editing and deleting records and adding notes.
View Inactive Records
The Feeds slider denotes the number of days and is used to set the count between 1 to 180. Based on the selected number in this slider, records that are not updated for more than the specified number of days will be listed. This will help you keep track of all the important leads that have been inactive for a period of up to 6 months.
Example: You want to view the records without activities or updates for the past 5 days. You need to set the Feeds Slider to 5. The records that have not been updated for more than 5 days will be listed.
To view inactive records
- Click the Feeds tab.
- In the Feeds tab, click the Dormant Records link.
- Move the Feeds Slider to the required number.
The Slider can only be set from 1 to 180 days. You can also enter a number from 1 to 180 in the text box and press Enter.
View Records Followed by You
All the records that you own will be followed by you automatically. The records that you manually follow or follow based on the auto-follow rule will be listed in the Followed by me section.
To view records followed by you
- Click the Feeds tab.
- In the Feeds tab, click the Followed by me link.
- Select All or the specific module from the drop-down list.
You will see the list of records followed by you.