Organize Mail Merge Templates
When you have created numerous templates for different business requirements, it is the best practice to keep the templates organized and stacked under appropriate folders for easy identification. In the following section we will discuss about organizing the templates.
You can preview each template that you have created right from the templates list page. The preview option gives you a closer look at how the template will appear in its final form.
Sort and Search Templates
Sorting lets you reorder and arrange the templates by bringing them to the top of the list for easier access. By default the templates are listed by the "modified time". The recently created or modified template is listed on the top.
Also, instead of browsing through the entire list of templates you can search for the required template in two ways:
- You can search by entering the template name in the search bar provided.
- You can use the module filter and choose to view the templates that are related to a particular module.
There can be chances when you want to make slight modifications to a particular template before sending it to a customer. In such a case, rather than creating a whole new template, you can clone the old template, make the necessary changes and send it. In the preview section, you can select the template and click the clone button to duplicate the existing template.
Mark Templates as Favorites
You may have a bunch of templates that you frequently use and might want to highlight them for easy identification. For this purpose you have the option of setting templates as favorite by clicking on the star before the template name.
Move or Delete Templates
There may be instances when you no longer wish to use a particular template, you can simply select the template and click on the Delete button.
Similarly, you can move a template from one folder to another based on requirement. This will be helpful in instances where you have to share a few templates with someone. You can move the needed templates to a folder and share. You can select the template(s) and click on the Move to Folder button and choose the appropriate folder form the drop-down list. You can also create a new folder and move the template to it if you want.
Create Template Folder
You can group similar templates under a template folder. Template folders are useful when you have many templates, you can easily categorize to manage the different mail merge templates that you have created.
To create a template folder
- Create a New Template.
- Click Save.
- You will be asked to save it to a folder. To create a folder, click Create New Folder.
- Enter the name of the folder and with whom you want to share it.
You can either share it with all the users or specific users or just yourself.
- A new folder will be created and the template will get added to it automatically.
Import MS Word Templates
Mail Merge templates can also be created in Microsoft Word and you can import those templates in Zoho CRM. To use this functionality, you need to purchase the Zoho CRM plug-in for Microsoft Office. Note that, for merging the data, this feature is only supported in Internet Explorer 6 and above. See AlsoZoho CRM Plug-in for MS Office
Here is a Sample Template.
To import MS Word template
- Go to Setup > Customization > Templates > Mail Merge Templates.
- In the Mail Merge Templates page, click Import Template.
Import Template window, specify the following details:
- Click Browse to choose the Microsoft word file that you want to import.
- Enter the Description for the template.
- Select the Folder from the drop-down list. The template will be stored in the folder that you select.
- Select the Module for which you want to create the template.
The merge fields in the template will be based on the module that you select.
- Click Import Template.
Send Mail Merge Documents via Email
Once you have created and saved your mail merge templates in Zoho CRM, you can merge the documents with CRM records and email them to the desired customers' at any time. The following has to be specified to email merged document.
From Address/Reply To: Zoho CRM offers you the flexibility of choosing different email addresses for the From/Reply To email fields. Which means, you can have emails sent from your personal email ID, but have the responses sent to your organization email ID, if you so wish. Simply select the appropriate email IDs in the From/Reply To email fields. You can choose from the following options:
- your account email address
- organization email address
- email address of the record owner
- Email field: Choose which email ID you want to send the mail merge document to - the person's primary or secondary address or an associated CRM user's email as well as any other custom email field.
- Subject: Enter a desired Subject line for the email.
Send Email As: You have the option of sending this mail merge document inline or as an attachment.
- Inline: The template content will be part of the email body.
- Attachment: The mail merge document will be sent as an attachment with the email. You can choose to send the attachment as a PDF or MS Word file.
Attachment Name: If you choose to send the email as an attachment, enter a name for the attachment.
- Enable Set Password checkbox and enter the password in the text box to protect your attachment.
- Message: Enter a message to the recipient. This will be displayed in the body section of the email.
Additional Attachment: If you have additional attachments to send, you can browse for the required files and attach them here. There are two ways of adding attachments.