Kanban view is a card-based view that displays the data in an organized manner for better comprehension. For example, you can segregate the leads based on their status or categorize the sales depending on different stages. This sort of information gives better insights about the potential bottlenecks and lets you fix them effectively.
Below is an instance, where the leads are listed down based on their current state along with their probable revenues. The information is displayed in two ways: List View and Kanban View.
In comparison to List View, where all the records are listed one after the other, a Kanban view segregates your data based upon the lead status giving a clearer picture. You can also view the aggregate revenue under each status. You can create such kanban views for all modules except Tasks, Calls, Meetings, Visits, Finances. There are two types of Kanban views in Zoho CRM: Pre-defined and Customizable.
A) Pre-defined – Pre-defined kanban views are available for Task, Calls, Meetings, Social, Visits, Deals, and SalesInbox and can be viewed by users in all the editions. Below is the CRM view for Task, Calls, Meetings(Activities) modules that are categorized based on Customers, Open Deals, Leads/Contacts and Others.
B) Customizable – You can create a customized Kanban view for any module. To create a kanban view you have to enter the following details:
- Kanban View name - You can enter any name for the kanban view created, for example, "Lead Details".
- Categorize by - Select the category in which you want to segregate the data, for example "Lead Status".
- Aggregate by - Select a currency for which you want the aggregated value. For example "Expected revenue, cost per conversion, cost per click etc. ". A summed up value for each category will be displayed.
- Select Fields - Select the fields that you want to view within each record.
- Header style - Choose mono color or random colors for the headers.
Below is a kanban view for the Leads module, here the records are arranged into columns and each lead displays a few related information. The leads are categorized based on three different statuses: attempted to contact, contact in future and contacted. Further, you can view the fields like, industry and annual revenue of each of the leads. The aggregated revenue from the leads is displayed at the top of the respective columns.
Create a Kanban View
Creating a kanban view will give you precise information about all the records at one click. You can create a kanban view for all the modules except Task, Calls, Meetings (Activities) , Visits and Finances.
To create kanban view
- In Zoho CRM, go to a Module.
Module page, click the
Kanban View icon.
- In the Kanban View Settings pop-up, fill the following details:
a) Kanban View Name
b) Categorized By
c) Aggregate By
d) Select Fields
- Click Save.
Edit Kanban Settings
After you create kanban view for a module, you can either add or delete the information based on your requirement.
To edit the kanban settings
- In the Modules page, click Kanban View Settings.
- In the pop-up, edit the details.
- Click Save.