Log in to Amazon Connect
Once you have enabled the Amazon Connect integration, you will be prompted to log in to your AWS account from Zoho CRM.
- Enter the Instance Alias name that you created for Zoho CRM in your Amazon console.
- Click Login to Amazon Connect if you wish to log in to your account right away.
- You will be navigated to the Amazon Connect login page, where you need to enter the login credentials and click Login.
- If you are logging in later, you can use the Phone icon at the bottom right of the page to access the Amazon Connect Login screen.
Use Amazon Connect Integration
Once you have enabled the Amazon Connect integration in Zoho CRM and logged in to your AWS account in Zoho CRM as well as the Amazon Connect softphone, you are ready to use this integration.You will be able to receive incoming calls, initiate outgoing calls and add follow-up activities right within your Zoho CRM.
When you receive an incoming call from a CRM contact via Amazon Connect, you can see a Business Card view of the contact.
At the end of the call, you can add follow-up actions on the Call Ended window and assign tasks to your users.
When an outgoing call is initiated to a contact in Zoho CRM, the call is made via Amazon Connect.
To initiate an outgoing call from Zoho CRM
- Click the desired record.
Record's Details page, click the
Phone icon beside the phone number.
The call via Amazon Connect is now established.
- The follow-up options on the Call Ended window lets you add calls, assign tasks, events and add a call description.
At the end of every call via Amazon Connect, you can do any or all of the following activities from the Call Ended window in Zoho CRM. These would automatically be associated to the respecitve record.
- Add a follow-up call.
- Add a follow-up task.
View Call Logs
Calls made, received, missed and unanswered in Zoho CRM via Amazon Connect are automatically logged in the Calls module.
To view call logs
- Click the Calls module.
- Select the All Calls list view.
- Click on any desired record to view the call details.
Amazon Connect Browser Calling
You can make calls directly from your browser without having to use a softphone. Browser calling allows you to make calls directly from CRM without having to toggle between your CRM and Amazon Connect accounts.
By default, your call preferences will be selected as Browser in the call preferences pop-up so that you can make calls via your browser.
- Hold and Unhold functionalities will be included in the pop up, if you choose the Browser option.
- Browser calling will be supported only in chrome 29 and above and firefox 47 and above.
You can also make calls through Custom Phone number depending on your requirements.
Disable Amazon Connect Integration
The Amazon Connect Integration can be disabled at any time. Only the Administrator of the CRM account can disable the integration.
To disable the integration
- Go to Setup > Channels > Telephony.
- Click Disable.
- On disabling the Amazon Connect integration, you will no longer be able to make calls in Zoho CRM via Amazon Connect.
- Once disabled by the Administrator, the integration is disabled for all users in the Organization account.
- Call details that were entered before the integration was disabled remain intact.