There are multiple ways in which leads are generated and one of the most common methods is through webinars, trade shows, conferences etc. where you get to meet interested customers face-to-face. Very often, they would share their business cards for follow-up calls and meetings and may sometimes prefer to be contacted at a specific time.
You may want to store their information securely in a database and set reminders for follow-up emails and calls. CRM is the best place to keep your customer data safe, and organized, however, there are chances of introducing errors inadvertently while manually entering them into the database. To avoid such erroneous data entry, loss of data, and compromising data security you can scan the business card at the event and add them to the CRM account as leads or contacts right away. This will automate the lead capturing process and reduce the manual intervention of the reps.
Another benefit of automating the process is, that the record will be readily available for the other teams like pre-sales, marketing etc. to take prompt actions as they will not have to wait till the record is manually entered in CRM.
2. How do I use the Card Scanner app?
You can search and download the Card Scanner app from the Google Play store for both iOS and Android devices.
Once successfully installed, you can:
- Open the application.
- Click Scan Business Card to scan the card.
- Review the scanned information and click Save.
- Select Save as a contact or lead in Zoho CRM.
3. How many card details can I store in the Card Scanner app?
There is no limit to the number of business cards that you can store in the App.
The card scanner uses the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to scan the business card and the scanned text is saved in the local database. The database is structured as the CRM database for an easy sync. Commonly used fields like first name, last name, email address, address, phone number, and other details will be automatically filled upon scanning the business card.
6. How do I push the data to Zoho CRM?
Once the business card is scanned and the details extracted from it; you will have the options to save the record either as a Zoho CRM Contact or a Zoho CRM Lead.
If the lead/contact already exists in CRM, then while saving the record in the Card scanner app you will be prompted to merge the records.
Also, note that email address is considered as an unique field by default, so the records will be skimmed for duplicate entries using the email field.
However, if a duplicate record happens to enter your CRM account, you can use either ways to remove them:
- The find and merge option can be used if you are specifically looking for duplicates of a particular record. For example, you know that a lead name "David Smith" has been duplicated and want to find duplicates and merge it.
- The deduplication tool can be used when you are not clear if there are duplicates and you want CRM to run a duplication check based on certain unique fields.
8. Which CRM edition supports Card Scanner app?
The Card Scanner app is supported for all the editions in Zoho CRM.