We have deprecated download of MS Outlook Plug-in. The Plug-in will not be functional after May 31st, 2021. Read more about it here.
There are some basic settings that you need to do, before you start synchronizing the contact, task and calendar events.
Sign In to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook
To get started, first you need to sign in to the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook using your Zoho CRM login credentials. You can also sign in using your Google Apps, Google, Yahoo or Facebook login credentials but with a different password.
To sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click icon from the Menu Bar and click Log In.
- In the Log In window, click Sign In.
You will be redirected to Zoho Accounts page in your default browser.
- Enter the Email Address/Phone Number, Password and click Sign In.
- Read the information that the Zoho CRM Outlook plug-in would like to access and click Accept.
Please note that once you click Accept, it will take approximately 10 seconds for you to sign-in.
Sign In to Zoho CRM Plug-in When Two Factor Authentication is Enabled
Two Factor Authentication
(TFA) is an additional security measure that uses your mobile phone to protect your Zoho account. If you have enabled TFA, you have the option to set application specific passwords. Set a password to sign in to the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
To sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in, if the two factor authentication is enabled
- Go to https://accounts.zoho.com/
- Click the Two Factor Authentication link.
- In the Two Factor Authentication page, click Manage Application Specific Passwords.
- In the Application Specific Passwords popup, do the following:
- Enter the Device (or) App Name in the text box.
- Specify the Current Password that is used to log in to Zoho.
- Click Generate. A random password will be generated.
You can use the email address used to log in to Zoho and this generated password, to sign in to Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook.
icon is not visible, launch the Zoho CRM Plug-in for Microsoft Outlook application from Applications.
When you set up synchronization of contacts or tasks, you can specify the folder from which the records should be synchronized. Contacts and Tasks do not have category selection. For calendar(events) you have to select the categories from which the records should be synchonized.
To set up category and folder
- In Menu Bar, click icon > Settings.
- In Settings dialog box, click the corresponding Change link for Contact's/Task's Folder.
The records will be synchronized from the selected folder only.
- Click the Change link corresponding to Calendar's Category and do one of the following:
- Select Zoho Category. Only the records from this category will be synchronized.
Select all categories if you want all the records (irrespective of the category) to be synchronized.
- Select the categories of your choice to sync only the records under those categories.
Configure Conflict Resolution Settings
The conflict resolution settings are used when there are records with a conflict in the field values during a sync. With such conflicting records, the option selected will be applied provided the records are being updated. Note that these options are not applied when new records are added.
To configure conflict resolution settings
- Click icon > Settings.
- In Settings dialog box, for Conflict Resolution, choose one of the following:
- Zoho Win - The values from Zoho CRM will overwrite the Microsoft Outlook values.
- Outlook Win - The values from Microsoft Outlook will overwrite the Zoho CRM values.