Zoho CRM extends beyond the traditional sales related functions and supports complete sales cycle management by integrating Inventory Management features. This allows businesses to manage their pre-sales and post-sales accounting activities in a single application. Inventory modules like Products, Price Books, Vendors, Sales Orders, Quotes, and Invoices allow creation of invoices, sales orders, etc. once the deal is closed.
List of inventory modules
Products refer to the goods or services sold or procured by any organization.
Price Books refer to the agreed price for selling a product to a customer. Based on the agreed terms, the prices can even vary for different customers.
Vendors are the companies, individuals or contractors from whom your organization procures products and/or services.
Quotes are legal agreements between a customer and a vendor to deliver the requested product within the specified time at the agreed upon price.
Sales Orders are confirmation of sales, generated after the customer sends a purchase order based on your quotes.
Purchase Orders are a legally bound order-placement document for procuring products or services from vendors.
Invoices are bills issued by the vendor to the customers along with the goods or services with the purpose of receiving payment.
Customizing the product line item in inventory modules
Businesses that purchase in bulk or buy multiple products can be issued one invoice that has all the necessary details. To achieve this, you can customize the product line items in the inventory modules to contain fields that are specific to the business.
For example, a manufacturing company can include fields like sale price, product recommended retail price, buying price, formula field to calculate profit or discounts, etc. in the Quotes module.
Customizing product line item is available only for Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
In the Quotes, Orders, and Invoices modules the product line item is available as a subform. These subforms are named: Quoted Items, Purchase Items, Ordered Items, and Invoiced Items respectively.
You can customize the subform by:
- The product line item can have a maximum of 10 fields.
- A maximum of 10 aggregate fields can be added to a layout.
- In addition to the product line item subform you can also create a custom subform to include more details about product, orders etc. You can add upto 200 rows including both subforms. That is, you can split the 200 rows between the two subforms.
To customize the product line item
- Go to Setup > Customization > Modules and fields.
- Select an Inventory module (Quotes, Orders or Invoices) and click on the layout.
- In the layout editor, scroll down to Quoted Items, Purchase Items, Ordered Items or Invoiced Items, depending on the module you have selected.
- Click Add Field and select fields from the New Field tab.
- Click Fields of Lookup module to select fields from the Products module.
- Rename the field names if required.
- Click + Add Aggregate field and select fields from the Aggregate, Formula and New Fields tabs.
- From the New Fields tab you can add a number, currency or decimal field.
- Click Done.
- Click the More icon in a field to Edit properties, Mark a field required, Set field permission or remove the field.
You cannot remove the Product name field. It is a system defined field in all the Inventory modules.