1. My scheduled data backup is not ready for download in CRM. What should I do?
The screenshot below is the default data backup screen in Zoho CRM and will appear when there is no data backup schedules.
The screenshot below shows what the page will look like when you have scheduled a data backup. It will display the next backup date and current backup status and an option to stop the backup.
2. The data backup has been scheduled successfully but the file is not being archived for download in CRM.
The data backup takes anywhere from a few minutes to several hours depending on the size of the data that needs to be archived. The more data there is, the longer it will take to complete the backup. If it takes more than 24 hours, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full data backup screenshot.
3. I have not received the data backup email notification from Zoho CRM, how do I download my backup data?
The backup can be downloaded from Setup > Data Administration > Data Backup. The reason you didn't receive the email may be that your email address has been blocked from our end for sending notification emails.
Email us at email@example.com
including your data backup screenshot and your email address and the issue description, so that we can check from the backend and unblock your email address.
4. I downloaded the data backup from CRM and some of my module data is missing from the zip files. How can I fix this?
If data from a particular module is missing, check whether the module has recently been renamed in CRM. If the name was chanced after the backup was made, the data will not match. Data backup files are available for seven days, so you will only need to check for changes made within that time frame.
If data is appearing garbled in the file, we recommend that you open the file in CSV format and check if the issue persists. If it does, check in your CRM account that the field value or name of the record is correct. If everything looks fine in CRM, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with your issue description and a screenshot of the file showing where the data is garbled or missing and the record IDs for that data, so we can check from the backend.
5. There are missing emails from the data backup file which are still available in CRM.
Please check whether the missing emails were synced to CRM from an IMAP account. Data backup is not currently supported for emails with IMAP configuration.
We currently only back up emails from the following sources:
- Individual emails
- Workflow alerts
- Calendar booking emails
- Mass emails
- Event invitations
- Mail merges
6. I have scheduled a data backup in Zoho CRM but I do not see the option to download my data, just the date of the next backup. What happened to the data backup which I scheduled?
The backup download link is only available for 7 days from the date of backup. In the above screenshot, the data backup was ready to download on December 16th so the link would have been active until December 22nd. You will receive an email notification from Zoho CRM when the data backup is completed and ready to download so that you will not miss it.
The email will be sent from email@example.com
and the subject of the email will be "Zoho CRM Notification - Zoho Data Backup Completed
7. In the data backup file, the Account Name field is missing for the Contacts module, and only the Account ID is shown. Why is this?
All record associations are maintained using IDs, so we include these in the backup, which can be used for re-importing the file or referencing the record in CRM. We do not include the Account Name in the backup file, but it will be available in the export file if you choose to export data.