You can export data to the following cloud databases.
- Amazon RDS - MySQL
- Amazon RDS - MS SQL Server
- Amazon RDS - Oracle
- Amazon RDS - PostgreSQL
- Amazon RDS - Maria DB
- Amazon RDS - Amazon Aurora MySQL
- Amazon RDS - Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL
- Amazon Redshift
- Microsoft Azure-MySQL
- Microsoft Azure - PostgreSQL
- Microsoft Azure - Maria DB
- Microsoft Azure - SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure - SQL Data Warehouse
- Google Cloud SQL - MySQL
- Google Cloud SQL - PostgreSQL
- Oracle Cloud
- IBM Cloud - DB2
- Heroku PostgreSQL
- Rackspace Cloud - MySQL
- Rackspace Cloud - Maria DB
- MS SQL Server
- Maria DB
To export data to cloud databases
1. Click the Export now option from the Export menu in the Studio page.
2. From the side pane, choose Cloud databases.
3. If your data contains columns with personal data, you can choose which columns need to be exported from the PII columns section.
You can also apply the necessary security methods to protect your personal data column:
A. Data masking
Data masking hides original data with 'x' to protect personal information.
B. Data Tokenization
Data tokenization replaces each distinct value in your data with a random value. Hence the output is statistically identical to the original data.
You can select none if you do not want to use any security method. You can choose whether to export these column using the corresponding check boxes.
4. Click Next and select your database service name, database type, enter the values in the required fields such as endpoint and database name to configure the cloud database connection.
5. You can also provide a username and password if the database connection is to be authenticated.
6. Enter a unique connection name.
7. You can also select the Use SSL check box if your database server has been setup to serve encrypted data through SSL.
8. Click the Connect button.
9. Once you have successfully connected to your cloud database, you can choose how and where to export the data.
10. Choose Existing table if you want to export data to an existing table and select one from the list of tables available in the database.
11. If you want to create a new table select the New table option and enter a table name in the field below.
Important: At present, only "Text" datatype is supported when you export data into a new table in any cloud database. If you would like to export the decimal values or any other data type, please manually create a new table in your cloud database, assign the required data type to the field, and then try to export the data into the newly created table (by choosing from existing table in Zoho DataPrep).
12. If you select the existing table option, there are two ways in which you can choose how to add the new rows to the table.
- If the new rows are to be added to the table, choose Append.
- If the newly added rows are to replace the existing rows, select Overwrite from the dropdown.
13. Click Export.
14. Once the export is complete you can choose to schedule this export by clicking the Configure Schedule>