You can import data from the following local databases into DataPrep using Zoho Databridge:
- MS SQL Server
- Maria DB
- Pervasive SQL
- Actian Vector
- Progress OpenEdge
- Microsoft Access
- SAP Hana
- Connect using JDBC URL
To import data from local databases
1. Click Databases from the Choose a data source box.
2. Select New connection from the Connection drop down. If you have existing connections, you can choose the required connection from the Connection drop down.
3. Give your connection a name under the Connection name section.
4. Zoho Databridge is a tool that facilitates importing data from local databases. Databridge is mandatory to import data from local network.
Note: If this is the first time you are downloading Databridge, see how to install it here
5. Once you have installed Databridge on your machine, select your Databridge from the Databridge drop-down.
Note: Select the Databridge which is installed in the same network as the database you want to import the data from.
6. Select your Database type and enter the Database server host name and Port number.
7. Enter your Database name and provide the username and password if authentication is required.
8. Save your database configuration and connect to the database using Connect.
Note: The connection configuration will be automatically saved for importing from the database in the future. Credentials are securely encrypted and stored.
9. Select the tables that need to be imported. Alternatively, you can use a SQL query to import data.
10. Click the Import button.
11. Once the data import is complete, you can choose to schedule this import, or start preparing your data right away.
To edit the database connection
DataPrep saves your data connections to avoid the hassle of keying in the credentials every time you need to connect to a data source or destination. You can always edit the saved data connection and update them with new parameters or credentials using the Edit connection option.
1. Click Saved data connections from the Choose a data source box while creating a new dataset.
2. You can manage your saved data connections right from the data import screen. Click the ellipsis (3 dots) icon to share, edit, view the connection overview, or remove the connection.
3. Click the Edit connection option to update the saved connection with new parameters or credentials.