1. Select the required portion of the cell value of the column. The selection will be highlighted in yellow. You can click again on your selection to unselect and stop highlighting the selected portion. This will alter the list of suggestions shown.
2. DataPrep generates a variety of patterns that match your selection, and a list of supported transforms.
3. DataPrep shows a list of suggestions on the right hand side pane.
4. The suggestions are shown based on the text you select from the data grid. Hover the mouse over the suggestions for a quick preview (as shown in the Fig. Screenshot 2).
5. Click on the suggestions for a full preview which will be displayed on the data grid (as shown in the Fig. Screenshot 1).
6. The suggestions are ranked in the order of the most matching pattern to the least, for each of the transform (Extract, Split, Replace, and Count).
7. When you click a suggestion, the buttons Edit and Apply will appear within the suggestion.
8. Click Edit to update the matching pattern, the enclosing patterns (Start and ending patterns), or change other input parameters of the selected transform.
9. Click on Apply to apply the transform.
Learn how to use the best tools for sales force automation and better customer engagement from Zoho's implementation specialists.
If you'd like a personalized walk-through of our data preparation tool, please request a demo and we'll be happy to show you how to get the best out of Zoho DataPrep.
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch comprehensive videos on features and other important topics that will help you master Zoho CRM.
Download free eBooks and access a range of topics to get deeper insight on successfully using Zoho CRM.
Sign up for our webinars and learn the Zoho CRM basics, from customization to sales force automation and more.
Make the most of Zoho CRM with these useful tips.