Zoho Databridge is a lightweight independent utility that connects your on-premise data source and Zoho applications to import data. In other words, you can quickly and securely transfer data from your internal network to Zoho applications.
With Zoho DataPrep, you can use Zoho Databridge to allow the import of data from local databases such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL in your local network.
Downloading and adding a Databridge to your network
Follow the steps below to install Databridge on your local machine.
Downloading the Databridge installer
Download the Databridge installer from the import options:
Choose a Datasource
box. If you don't have any Databridge previously installed, you will be shown an intro to Databridges and a button to redirect to the download page.
2. If you have a Databridge previously installed, you can choose to add more Databridges from the
3. Databridge can be installed in all three major operating systems. Download the installer based on the OS of your machine in which Databridge should be installed.
Special instructions for MacOS
Follow the below steps to install Databridge on your MacOS:
Click one of the below links to download the Databridge installer.
- US, IN, JP, EU, AU DCs
- CN DC
Extract the zip file to a folder in your preferred location.
Right-click the folder and choose
New terminal at folder,
go to the Databridge folder location in the terminal using the "cd
" command and enter the below command.
chmod +x ZohoDatabridge.app/Contents/MacOS/ZohoDatabridge
pen the extracted file. A popup would appear as shown below.
Security & Privacy
A popup would appear as shown below.
and now the
Zoho Databridge Setup
will be opened.
Installing Databridge in your network
1. Install Databridge on a computer that is always ON and connected to the internet. A wired network is preferred so that the data transfer is faster and more reliable.
2. Ensure the JDBC jar file required for database is placed at "~Zoho Databridge 2.0/lib/jars/<.jar>" folder.
Follow the steps below to install Databridge:
Run the databridge*.exe (for Windows), databridge*.bin (for Linux), or databridge*.dmg (for MacOS) to start the installation wizard.
to start installing Zoho Databridge.
Read and accept the License Agreement terms and click
You can install Databridge in the default folder or choose the folder where you wish to install the application and click
You can also reset the location to the default folder using the
Restore Default Folder
To use a proxy server select the
Use Proxy Server
checkbox and click
Proxy Server hostname
Proxy server port
Review the configuration in the
Once the installation is complete, you can start Zoho Databridge.
to complete and exit the setup.
Log into Zoho Accounts with the username and password for your account with Zoho.
Select one of your existing Organisation portals.
Give a name to your Databridge under
The setup is complete and the Databridge is ready to be used. Please make sure the
Auto start Databridge on system reboot
box is checked. Click
section shows details such as the Databridge name, status, uptime, and last started time.
Zoho Databridge installation is now completed and is registered to your Zoho account.
Note: You can also verify this by viewing the
Databridge dropdown in the import options
Databridge section from the settings menu
Databridge installer links
US, IN, JP, EU, AU DCs:
Troubleshooting - FAQs
1. What can I do if I find read/write issues using Zoho Databridge?
You can go to the databridge package installed location in the terminal, and enter the command "StartServer.sh" with administrator permissions to read/write data.
For a permanent solution, you can install D
atabridge within the user directory. The reason is, if you are not the administrator of your machine, you will not have permission to read or write files if you have installed Zoho Databridge in the program files directory. Only an administrator can edit files in the program files directory. So you can install Zoho Databridge in the user directory where you will have access to read or write files using Zoho Databridge seamlessly.
2. My Databridge doesn't seem to work. How can I reinstall Zoho Databridge?
If you have installed Zoho Databridge earlier on the same machine, make sure to uninstall it completely and delete the existing version. You can then proceed with installing the newly downloaded Databridge package.
3. Zoho Databridge is active but I cannot connect to database or tables in Windows OS?
This issue might have occurred if you had installed Zoho Databridge under the folder
. Please make sure you install Databridge in the user directory to avoid such issues.
4. I have installed Databridge from Zoho Analytics. Can I use the same for Zoho DataPrep?
No, there is a separate application for Zoho DataPrep. Please use Zoho Databridge 2.0 for DataPrep.
5. What should I do if my Databridge is inactive?
You can restart Databridge, if your Databridge is inactive.
6. How to restart Databridge in Windows OS?
1. Close Databridge.
2. Right-click Databridge from the
icon and click start or run the "StartServer" windows batch file.
3. You can also type the below command in the command line from the databridge package installed location:
C:\Users\john\Zoho Databridge 2.0>StartServer.bat -force
7. Zoho Databridge doesn't restart in Windows OS?
1. Go to the Databridge package installed location in the command line.
2. Enter the below command to stop Databridge:
C:\Users\john\Zoho Databridge 2.0>StopServer.bat -force
3. Restart Databridge again.
8. What should I do if my Databridge did not start after restarting my machine in Windows OS?
If your Databridge doesn't restart automatically, you can restart it manually either by running the "StartServer" windows batch file or entering the below command from the databridge package installed location.
C:\Users\john\Zoho Databridge 2.0>StartServer.bat -force
9. How to restart Databridge in Mac or Linux OS? What if the Databridge tray icon doesn't work in MacOS and Linux?
and go to the Databridge installed location in the terminal and enter the command "sh StartServer.sh" to restart Databridge.
10. How to uninstall Databridge in Windows OS?
1. Close Databridge
2. Go to
Apps & Features
and then click
11. How to uninstall Databridge in MacOS and Linux?
To uninstall Databridge, you can simply close
and delete the
Zoho Databridge 2.0
folder from your user folder in your machine.
12. Can I install Zoho Analytics Databridge if Zoho DataPrep Databridge is already present in the system?
Yes, you can install Zoho Analytics Databridge along with Zoho DataPrep Databridge in your system.
13. Can I run both Zoho Analytics and Zoho DataPrep Databridges at the same time?
Yes, you can run both Zoho Analytics and DataPrep databridges simultaneously.
14. Can I have more than one Zoho Databridge installed on my machine for Zoho DataPrep?
No, you can have only one Databridge installed in your machine for your DataPrep organization.
15. How to delete Databridge from DataPrep organization?
Deleting Databridge from DataPrep is not supported yet. However, you can uninstall databridge and delete the
folder to permanently remove databridge from your machine. This will automatically deactivate the Databridge in Zoho DataPrep.