Zoho Databridge is a lightweight independent utility that connects your on-premise data source and Zoho applications to import data. In other words, you can quickly and securely transfer data from your internal network to Zoho applications.
With Zoho DataPrep, you can use Zoho Databridge to allow import of data from local databases such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and PostgreSQL in the FTP servers in your local network and from REST APIs that can only be accessed from your local network.
Downloading and adding a Databridge to your network
Follow the steps below to install Databridge on your local machine.
Downloading the Databridge installer
Download the Databridge installer from the import options:
1. Click Databases from Choose a Datasource box. If you don't have any Databridge previously installed, you will be shown an intro to Databridges and a button to redirect to the download page.
2. If you have a Databridge previously installed, you can choose to add more Databridges from the Databridge dropdown.
3. Databridge can be installed in all 3 major operating systems. Download the installer based on the OS of your machine in which Databridge should be installed.
Installing Databridge in your network
Note: Install Databridge on a computer that is always ON and connected to the internet. A wired network is preferred so that the data transfer is faster and more reliable.
Follow the steps below to install Databridge:
1. Run the databridge*.exe (for Windows), databridge*.bin (for Linux), or databridge*.dmg (for MacOS) to start the installation wizard.
2. Click Next to start installing Zoho Databridge.
3. Choose the folder where you wish to install the application.
5. Click Next.
6. You can choose to use a proxy server by checking the checkbox.
7. Enter the Proxy Server hostname, Proxy server port, Username, and Password.
8. Click Next.
9. Once the installation is complete, click Finish to complete and exit the setup.
10. Log into Zoho Accounts with the username and password for your account with Zoho.
11. Click Accept.
12. Select one of your existing Organization portals.
13. Give a name to your Databridge under Databridge name.
14. Click Setup.
15. The Overview section shows details such as the Databridge name, status, uptime, etc.
16. Zoho Databridge installation is now complete and is registered to your Zoho account.
Note: You can also verify this by viewing the Databridge dropdown in the import options or in the Databridge section from the settings menu.
Troubleshooting - FAQs
1. What can I do if I find read/write issues using Zoho Databridge?
You can go to the databridge package installed location in the terminal, and enter the command "StartServer.sh" with administrator permissions to read/write data.
For a permanent solution, you can install databridge within the user directory. Reason being, if you are not the administrator of your machine, you will not have permission to read or write files if you have installed Zoho Databridge in the program files directory. Only an administrator can edit files in the program files directory. So you can install Zoho Databridge in the user directory where you will have access to read or write files using Zoho Databridge seamlessly.
2. My Databridge doesn't seem to work. How can I reinstall Zoho Databridge?
If you have installed Zoho Databridge earlier on the same machine, make sure to completely uninstall and delete the existing version. You can then proceed with installing the newly downloaded Databridge package.