eFax Corporate is a robust cloud fax platform used by customers every day to securely transmit important business documents. eFax integrates with Zoho Desk, to easily send faxes and documents to the customers. To send a fax from Zoho Desk portal, the user must purchase the eFax Corporate application, install the eFax extension, and configure the eFax Corporate authentication keys in the extension. Afterwards, the extension will be available as a Send Fax button in Zoho Desk ticket page.
Installing the eFax extension
To install eFax extension:
1. Log in to your Zoho Desk account with administrator privileges.
2. Click the Setup icon ( ) in the top pane.
3. Under Marketplace, click All.
4. Navigate to eFax Corporate Extension for Zoho Desk > General Settings.
5. Define Agent Permissions and the Departments that will have access to the extension.
6. Select the required user Profiles and click Install.
A Successful Installation message will appear. Click Authorize
7. Configure the following installation parameters:
- AppID: The ID available under eFax portal's Group section. It differs based on the group to which a user belongs. Contact your admin to find out the AppID of your group or if you have admin access, then find the AppID (API ID) under Group > Edit Group > Advanced Settings > API Setting tab.
- SecretKey: The key which is generated at the time of group creation or can be manually created by the admin under Group > Edit Group > Advanced Settings > API Setting tab.
- UserID: The unique ID issued to a user during the eFax API onboarding process performed by the application provider (eFax corporate). This ID will be available under Users > Edit User > Advanced Settings > API Details.
Note: The AppID and SecretKey are used for generating OAuth bearer token. The User ID is used to access API.
8. Click Save.
If a fax received from the customers' end needs to be created as a ticket in Zoho Desk portal, enable the Inbound notification option as given below:
1. Go to the eFax portal.
2. Navigate to ACCOUNT DETAILS > Preferences tab.
3. Click Edit corresponding to the Receive Email Addresses field and enter Zoho Desk's support mail address.
4. Click Save.
Using the eFax extension
1. A Send Fax button will appear in the top-right corner of the Zoho Desk ticket view page on successful installation. Click the button to find the following fields:
Fax Number: The fax number of the customer. It will be auto-populated from the contact module saved during the installation or can be entered manual.
Receiver Name: Name of the person that fax is intended for. It will be auto-populated from the contact module.
Account Name: Company of the person that fax is intended for. It will be auto-populated from the account name field which is linked with the tickets module.
Sender Name: Name of the person (technician) sending the fax. It will be auto-populated based on user login name.
Attachments: Files that are to be attached with the fax. Must be selected manually. The supported file types and formats are mentioned here.
2. The fields are all mandatory. Enter the necessary details and click the Send button.
3. After submission, you will be redirected to a page that contains a success or error message using which you can track the fax.
4. You can also record the fax sending history under the Comment section to help with the follow up. The comment addition date is the same as the date on which the fax is sent. Please note that if the customer's request is in Japanese, then the comments will also be added in Japanese automatically. For all other language requests, the comments will be added in English.
Before sending a fax, make sure that:
The mandatory fields are not left empty.
There are ten or fewer files attached. If more than ten files are selected, you will be restricted from uploading any files beyond the tenth file. Only the first ten files will be uploaded.
The total file size should be less than 5MB. If the size is more than 5MB, fax will not be sent.
Uninstalling the eFax extension
You can uninstall eFax extension from Zoho Desk at any time, by following the below steps,
1.Click the Setup icon ( ) in the top pane.
2. On the landing page, click All under Marketplace.
3. Click Installed Extensions and choose eFax Corporate for Zoho Desk from the list of extensions.
4. In the window that appears, click More icon in the top-right corner.
5. Select Uninstall Extension and click Confirm.