The Zoho FSM mobile app empowers on-the-go field technicians with all the information they need, to be efficient at work and delight contacts at every appointment. It helps them to be on time for their appointments, attend more appointments in a single day, and complete their appointments in a single visit. It also enables them to update their appointment statuses as they progress with their work.
The FSM mobile app can be downloaded from the links below:
- Real time notifications to field technicians informing them of their service appointments and any changes in their work schedule
- Easily manage appointments for the day in a simple calendar view
- Field technicians can find the accurate navigation to the appointment location using Google Maps
- Has detailed view of what services need to be carried out and the products required for the service
- Ability to reach out to contacts through call, email, and SMS
- Instantly create a service report and capture the contact’s signature once work is done
- Easily capture time taken to complete each appointment
- Make changes to services rendered and products needed before invoicing
- Capture photos/files from the service location and add it as Notes in the service appointment
- Create Follow-up Work Order and Estimate for a service appointment
- Ability for the field technician to create Trips which tracks the distance travelled by them and the route taken for each appointment
- GPS location tracking for field technicians
- Log time spent working on an appointment using Time Sheets.
Requires Android: 5.0 and up
Requires iOS: iOS 10 and up
- Log in to Zoho FSM mobile app.
In the Home screen, the Overdue Service Appointments, Upcoming Service Appointments, Ongoing Service Appointments, and Running Trip are displayed.
- Click Check-in.
A timer will start to record the time logged in. After the field technicians check-in, their GPS location will be visible in the Map view of the Dispatch Console in Zoho FSM web app.
View Service Appointments
When a service appointment is dispatched, a push notification
is sent to the field technician(s) assigned to the service appointment. To view the service appointments assigned to them, the field technicians need to do the following:
- Log in to Zoho FSM mobile app.
If the user is checked-in, user will be taken to the All Service Appointments List View screen for the current date. You can also view this screen by clicking All Service Appointments in the left menu. From this menu you can also navigate to Ongoing Service Appointments List View, Upcoming Service Appointments List View and Overdue Service Appointments List View screens.
- In the All Service Appointments List View screen, the list of service appointments for the current date is displayed with the following details:
- Start Time and End Time
Till the work has been completed, the Scheduled Start/End time is shown. Once the work is completed, the Actual Start/End time is shown.
- Under the All Service Appointments Map View screen, the service location [ ] for the service appointments are displayed.
- Click Directions in the appointment details tile (located at the bottom of the All Service Appointments Map View screen) to find the navigation path to the location of the service appointment.
Note : In the All Appointments Map
view screen, the details of the appointments are shown in tiles at the bottom of the screen. If Location is not turned on, then
is shown. If the device is connected, then
In the Notifications module, the following updates related to a service appointment are displayed:
- Edits done on Notes
- Blueprint transitions
- Edits done on Work Order services
To view the notifications:
- Click the notifications  icon at the top right corner.
- Click a notification to view the update received about a service appointment.
Apart from the current date, you can view the service appointments for a period of 20 days. To view the service appointments:
- Click the calendar [ ] icon at the top right corner.
- Select a date from the carousal to view the service appointments for that date.
Work on Appointments
The lead field technician assigned to the service appointment can update the status of a service appointment. To see the details of the service appointment and to update the status of the service appointment, the field technician has to do the following:
- Select the service appointment from the All Service Appointments List View screen.
- Under the Overview tab, the following details about the service appointment are listed:
- Service Address
- Contact Details
- Services and Products
- Assigned Technicians
- Parent Work Order details
- Asset Details (if added)
- Service Report
- Follow-up Work Order (if created)
- Follow-up Estimate (if created)
- The current transition for the service appointment is displayed along with More Options.
Points to remember
- The details of the parent work order can be viewed by clicking in the Work Order details card.
Start Work: The field technician commences the work for the service appointment and a timer starts to record the duration of work.
In the Overview screen, the following actions can be performed:
- The field technician can contact the contact through call, message or chat.
- Click in the Service Address section to find the navigation path to the location of the service appointment.
- Edit Services and Products: Click the Edit [ ] icon for a Service or Product. In the Edit Line Item screen, select the line item you want to edit. In the screen for the line item, make the necessary changes and click Save.
- Add Products: Click the Add [ ] icon for a Product. In the Add Product screen, make the necessary changes and click Save.
- SR location: In the Assigned Technicians section, click to view the current locations of the technicians and the service appointments. The following icons will be used to denote the location of the following:
Assigned Field Technician:
Other Field Technician:
- Work on individual service
- Create follow-up work order and estimates
: When the tasks for the service appointment have been finished, the field technician selects this transition. The screen for creating the service report
is displayed. The timer recording the work duration stops.
Once the work is completed, the invoice can be generated. Before generating the invoice you can also do some edits.
On clicking Generate Invoice
, the draft of the invoice is shown. If any changes need to be made, click Edit
from the more options
] icon at the top right corner and save the changes, else click Done
to generate the invoice. Click
to send the invoice to the contact and any other intended recipient. In the Send Invoice
to send the invoice.
Once the invoice is sent, you will have the option to pay it. This option will also be available under the Invoice tab.
To make the payment from the Overview screen, click Record Payment
. You will be given the option to either pay online or offline. The option to pay online will be available only if you have enabled an online payment processing platform. To do so, navigate to Settings
> Online Payments
in Zoho Books
and enable your preferred payment gateway.
If you click Pay Offline, you will be taken to the Appointment Details screen with the status updated as Paid. If you click Pay Online, you will be taken to the Payments screen of your online payment processing platform.
Work on Individual Service
You can start work on individual service tasks. In the Appointment Details screen, click on the service you want to work on from the Service Tasks card. In the Service Details screen, you can start and stop the timer.
You can also mark the service as Completed and record the Start/End Time at a later time.
Create Service Report
In order to complete an appointment, you have to create a Service Report. In the Overview screen, when you click Complete, the screen for creating the service report is displayed. You need to add the contact signature in the report.
The created report can be viewed later by clicking the Service Report card in the Overview screen.
Follow-up Work Order and Estimate
You can create follow-up work order or estimate for an appointment. Click Create Follow-up Work Order
or Create Estimate
from the more options
] icon at the top right corner of the Appointment Details
screen. Enter the required details and click Save
The created follow-up work order or estimate can be viewed by clicking the Follow-up Work Order or Estimate cards respectively in the Appointment Details screen.
You can capture images from the service location and add it as Notes to your service appointment. To add a Note:
- Select the Notes tab within the service appointment you want to create the note for.
- Click the add sign (+) at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Add Attachment and capture an image or add one from the gallery.
Maximum size of the image allowed is 20 MB. You can attach a maximum of five attachments.
- Click Save.
The added note will be displayed under the Notes tab.
The Notes added from the mobile app will reflect in the Notes tab of the Service Appointment overlay. Thus the Notes added by the field technician can be viewed by the Office users.
Apply Time Off
The field technicians can apply for time off in days or in hours. To apply for time off:
- From the left menu, select Time Off.
- In the Time Off List screen, click the add [+] icon.
- Select either Days or Hours and proceed.
The added time off entries can be edited. Click on the particular entry from the Time Off list view page and make the changes in the Edit Time Off page.
The field technician can initiate trips that will capture the journey undertaken for travelling to a contact service location.
To record a trip:
- Select the Trips tab within the service appointment you want to create the trip for.
- Click the add sign (+) at the bottom of the screen and click Yes in the confirmation message.
- Click Stop when the trip is finished.
Detail of the current ongoing trip is shown in the Home screen too. Click on a completed trip to see the distance travelled.
The consolidated details of the trips undertaken by the field technicians can be viewed in the Trips Report.
The user and address information added for the field technician can be viewed by clicking the profile icon in the left menu.
Field Technicians can record the hours they spent for an appointment in Time Sheets
Incorrect Device Time
If you encounter the Incorrect Device Time error, try the following methods:
- Switching your Network: Switch to a different network and try logging in.
- Restarting the device: You can restart your device and try logging in to FSM Mobile.
If you encounter issues in logging in such as being unable to enter your credentials or being unable to proceed past the login screen, try the below methods:
- Validate OneAuth
- Clearing cookies
In case you have configured OneAuth
in the same device as the one in which you are using FSM Mobile, kindly check the push notification sent to your mobile device during sign in. You will need to accept it to verify yourself.
Clear the "accounts.zoho.com" cookies from the FSM Mobile app. This will clear the saved usernames and passwords (only Zoho credentials will be cleared, other site data will be retained). To clear the cookies:
- Click the More icon of three vertical dots.
- Click the Info icon.
- Click Cookies.
- Click the Clear Cookie icon.