We exchange a lot of emails everyday and email to notes are inevitable. If you use Gmail as your email service, Notebook add-on for Gmail helps you to save your emails as notes.
Notebook add-on for Gmail helps you to save an email as a note. You can add a title, tags and choose a notebook before you save the note. The notes you take are associated with those emails for your future reference. You can use this add-on to send your note as email.
Before you begin
A few things to know before you start using Notebook add-on for Gmail.
- Notebook is hosted as an add-on in Google's app marketplace. We don't store or read your credentials and emails.
- The add-on will start functioning only when you open it after opening an email.
- Only published notes can be sent as email.
Connect Notebook to Gmail
To install Notebook add-on for Gmail, follow these steps.
- Open https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/zoho_notebook_for_gmail/1016591843637 in your browser and click 'Install'.
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click 'Continue'.
- Click ‘Allow’.
- Click ‘Done’.
Save an email as a note
To save an email in Gmail as a note in Notebook, please follow these steps.
- Open the email you wish to save as a note.
- Click Zoho Notebook icon placed in the add-on pane on the right side of the email.
- Title and note content will be pre-filled from the email’s subject and body respectively.
- You can choose a notebook, add tags and add additional notes which is pretended to the body.
- Click ‘ADD TO NOTEBOOK’.
You can see the note is now associated to that email. When ever you open this email and open Notebook add-on, you can see this note. You can choose from these options to perform on an associated note.
- Open in Notebook
- Remove from thread
Send a note as an email
To send a note as an email, follow these steps.
- Click ‘Compose’ to open the compose window.
- Click Zoho Notebook icon from the editor tool bar.
- Select a note from the list or search for a note and click on the desired note.
- Click ‘Add Content to Compose Window’.
- Select ‘Add Public Link’ and set an expiry date, if required.
- Click ‘INSERT AS A LINK’.
Disconnect Notebook from Gmail
To remove Notebook add-on from your Gmail account, follow these steps.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Open Notebook add-on.
- Click more action from the top right corner in the add-on view.
- Click ‘Manage add-on’.
- Click ‘More’.
- Click ‘Uninstall’.