Let your visitors share instant feedback, comments, and experience about your business services, right on your website, by setting up online polls. PageSense allows you to launch different types of polls such as short answer, long answer, star ratings, smiley rating, and much more, to read your audience's mind, maximize customer satisfaction, and eventually increase user conversions on your website.
For example, if you own an eLearning site, you can run a 'short answer' poll to ask your students how helpful the new training programs are, and if they were able to find what they wanted during the online course.
To create and launch a poll on your website:
1. Click Polls on the left pane, then click the New Poll button.
2. Add a descriptive name for your poll in the Name field, then click Create.
For example, let us say you want to ask your customers' about their hotel experience on your online booking website. So, we will name our poll as 'Hotel Experience'.
3. Under the QUESTIONS tab, click +Add Question to select the type of poll you want to give your visitors, and type in the required question in the text box.
Zoho PageSense supports the following types of polls:
- Long Answers - A multi-line text box that lets users type answers that range from a line to multiple lines.
- Short Answers - A single-line text box that allows users to type answers from a few words to one sentence.
- Check Boxes - A question type that lets respondents select multiple answers from a defined list of choices.
- Radio buttons - A question type that allows respondents to select only one answer from the answer choices.
- Net Promoter Score® - A numerical rating gauge explaining the value on the scale that allows respondents to select the number that most accurately represents their opinions and feelings.
- Request Email ID - An email address format question type that allows to collect the email addresses of the visitors.
- 1-5 and/or 1-7 Rating Scale - A numerical rating scale that allows participants to select the number that most accurately represent their interest or disinterest over a rating scale.
- Star Rating - A 5-star rating scale that allows your participant to rate a question using a familiar system of stars.
Smiley Rating - An emoji feedback or rating scale that allows participants to capture their sentiments from negative to neutral to positive, using relevant smiley faces.
You can also enable the following options based on the poll type you choose:
Mandatory Question: This will make the question mandatory for the user to answer in your poll. If a poll is left without all the questions responded to, then the questions with no reply will not show any content in your reports. Available for all of the poll types in PageSense.
Randomise Answers: This will randomize the order of choices for each respondent who accesses the poll or survey on the web browser. Available only for checkbox and radio buttons types of polls.
Encrypt Answer: This option will allow you to store your visitors' data (such as email address or any personal information) by encrypting and authenticating responses over a secure connection. Available for all of the poll types. However, it will be enabled by default for the Request Email ID poll type, where the visitor enters their email address.
If you wish to make edits to your question type, then we recommend deleting existing ones and creating a new poll, rather than changing your question type.
4. Once done, click the Move To dropdown to choose whether you want to take users to the Next question in your poll, or you want to show a Thank You Message after they answer your poll question.
5. Click Next to move to the VISUALS tab and modify the appearance of your poll, such as the position, background color, and theme color of your poll template.
From here, you can also choose to hide the Zoho PageSense branding on your poll widget by enabling the DISABLE BRANDING button.
6. Click Next to move on to the AUDIENCE tab and set up the following options:
- Select Device: Choose the devices that you wish to run your poll on.
For example, if you select Desktop, only those visitors who reach your website via a desktop setup will be shown in the poll.
- Set Target Audience: Choose a specific group of visitors you want to target this poll with. You can select from a list of preset audience segments, or create your own audience segment by clicking the +Custom Audience. By default, the poll will be targeted to All Visitors reaching your website.
For example, if you select Social Traffic, then this poll will be shown only to those visitors who arrive on your website from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google Plus.
Select Trigger: Choose when the poll should launch on your web page from the options shown in the figure. PageSense provides you two types of trigger conditions to activate your polls: Preset triggers and Custom triggers.
Define Response Behavior: Choose when you want to show the poll to your visitors from the options shown in the figure.
8. Click Next to view the SUMMARY tab where you will get the gist of your poll's setup and click Launch to activate the poll on your web pages.
Your poll widget will now be shown to the targeted audience on your website, and Zoho PageSense will begin to track visitors' response under the REPORTS tab of your experiment. However, if you wish to make changes to your poll, click the Pause button at the top-right corner, then click Relaunch to run the experiment again