Card lock allows you to restrict users from editing the entire card or specific fields of the card. Using card lock you can:
- Lock the entire card
- Lock all the fields
- Lock attachments
- Lock comments
- Disable lock
Card lock can be configured in the After Transition section of blueprints. Every card mapped to this blueprint triggers card lock when the associated transition is performed.
- Restrict users from editing the fields in a reimbursement card once the claim is approved
- Restrict users from updating important attachments in the card
- Avoid multiple updates to the same card by different users
- Restrict uses from performing last minute updates to the card
Any user with permission to access Settings will be able to configure card lock.
How to lock a card
- Navigate to and select Orchestration from the menu.
- Create a new orchestration or edit an existing one.
- Navigate to Step 2: Design Blueprint.
- Select a transition and navigate to After section in the right panel.
- In Instant or Schedule Actions , click the button next to Update Fields.
- Search for ‘Card Lock’ in the field dropdown and select a relevant lock option.
- Click Apply.
- Save the blueprint and Publish the orchestration.
In the above reimbursement blueprint, once the action Verify Request is complete, the entire card is configured to be locked, restricting users from modifying the card.
Executing card lock
- Navigate to Cards and create a new card in the above orchestration.
- Execute the card by clicking the transition buttons.
Once the transition 'Verify request' is performed, the entire card will be locked.
Note: Card lock can be tracked in the Activities section.
Unlock cards manually
Once a card is locked, it can only be unlocked by users with Admin profile.
- Navigate to Cards.
- Select the locked card.
- Click at the top-right corner of the card.
- Select Unlock Card from the dropdown.
The card will now be unlocked, and its fields can be edited.
Unlock cards automatically
Locked cards can be unlocked automatically right from the After section of blueprint transitions by selecting Card Lock= Disable Lock.
Any user with permission to access Settings will be able to configure disable lock option in blueprints.
For example, in the reimbursement process, once the claim is Approved, the lock can be disabled.